Accelerated College & Early College
Accelerated College and Early College programs provide high school students the opportunity to earn an Associate’s degree and/or up to two years of transferable college credit by the time of their high school graduation.
Students are permitted to take up to 15 hours of coursework each semester through dual credit and college credit only courses. The programs are intended for highly-motivated, academically driven, mature students who desire to be challenged by college coursework and are capable of completing the core curriculum and/or an Associate’s degree.
Available through LSC-Montgomery and North Harris campuses. Check with your local high school for availability at other campuses.
Available through LSC-North Harris at Victory Early College High School and LSC-Kingwood at Splendora Early College High School and Quest Early College High School.
- School must have a Dual Credit agreement and Early/Accelerated College contract (MOU) with LSCS.
- Student must demonstrate College Readiness on the COMPASS, ACCUPLACER, THEA, SAT, ACT or any other LSCS approved assessment exam. Student may be able to exempt Reading and Writing exams with TAKS scores.
- High School Counselor and parent approval, counselor recommendation, and possible interview. Students must receive an A, B, or C in their classes to remain in the program.
- Tuition costs, plus fees and possible book costs.
- Initial placement exam costs are waived.
- Additional fees may apply for retesting.