LSC-University Park English Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Department
The mission of the English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) program at Lone Star College-University Park is to prepare students for success in college-level classes, the global workplace, and their daily lives.
- The program offers classes in grammar, writing, reading, oral communication, and pronunciation.
- Class placement is determined by the ACCUPLACER ESL test, which can be taken in the assessment center on campus at LSC-University Park.
- Upon successful completion of the program, students may register for college credit classes.
- ESOL classes are also designed for students who want to find a better job and improve their day-to-day communication SKILLS.
- LSC-UP is an innovative campus, where ESOL learners have multiple opportunities to get engaged in cultural and educational events and be a part of the community.?
Brian L. Reeves