Description: In this course students use sophisticated grammar structures and precise vocabulary in speaking and are able to comprehend short lectures.
Learning Outcomes: Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to
1. Understand and answer questions based on short lectures that contain increasingly sophisticated vocabulary and structures.
2. Create an outline of and summarize a short lecture.
3. Give a clear oral presentation on an assigned topic.
4. Use clear pronunciation and intonation in extended speech.
5. Understand and use reductions, elisions, and blends in the spoken language.
6. Understand formal and informal language situations including emotional overtones.
7. Be understood in most situations and take part in spontaneous conversations.
8. Understand most exchanges that occur at a near-normal conversational rate.