ESOL Reading 4
ESOL 0364 / ENGLC 3000401 ESOL Reading IV
Course Description: This course is designed to improve English-language students’ reading efficiency by developing and increasing their passive and active vocabulary, literal and inferential comprehension, and reading rate. Writing is required to complement reading activities. Student will develop reading and higher order thinking skills necessary for college readiness. This course carries institutional credit but will not transfer and will not be used to meet degree requirements. Prerequisite: ESOL 0363 or placement by exam.
Learning Outcomes Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Locate explicit textual information, draw complex inferences, and describe, analyze, and evaluate the
information within and across multiple texts of varying lengths.
2. Comprehend and use vocabulary effectively in oral communication, reading, and writing.
3. Describe, analyze, and evaluate information within and across a range of texts.
4. Identify and analyze the audience, purpose, and message across a variety of texts.
5. Describe and apply insights gained from reading a variety of texts.