Course Description: This course continues to develop English-language students’ writing skills for personal, academic and professional purposes. Students use more sophisticated grammar structures in writing well-developed paragraphs using process writing techniques. This course carries institutional credit but will not transfer and may not be used to meet degree requirements. Prerequisite: ESOL 0372 or placement by exam.
Learning Outcomes Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Write simple, compound, and complex sentences.
2. Use pre-writing techniques to generate and organize ideas.
3. Write paragraphs and short (three-four paragraph) essays that are well organized and developed with adequate support in a variety of rhetorical modes such as comparison/contrast, definition/example, and opinion.
4. Revise writing for content and organization.
5. Edit for vocabulary, sentence structure, and paragraph form.