Description: In this course students use more sophisticated grammar structures in writing paragraphs using process writing techniques.
Learning Outcomes: Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to
1. Write sentences using transitions demonstrating understanding of dependent and independent clauses using correct punctuation.
2. Use pre-writing techniques including brainstorming and outlining.
3. Write paragraphs that are well organized and developed with adequate supportin a variety of rhetorical modes such as classification; comparison/contrast; cause/effect; opinion.
4. Revise writing for content and organization.
5. Continue to edit for mistakes in paragraph formation plus mistakes in subject-verb agreement, verb tenses, fragments, run-ons, comma splices, spelling and punctuation.