ESOL Writing 2
ESOL 0372 / ENGLC 3007201 ESOL Writing II
Course Description: In this course English-language students increase proficiency in the writing skills necessary for basic personal, academic, and professional communication. Students use process writing techniques to write simple paragraphs and gain mastery in the use of the basic structures of the language. This course carries institutional credit but will not transfer and may not be used to meet degree requirements. Prerequisite: ESOL 0371 or placement by exam.
Learning Outcomes Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Write simple and compound sentences.
2. Use pre-writing techniques (e.g., brainstorming, outlining, mapping) to generate and organize ideas.
3. Write a short, well-organized paragraph with topic sentence, support, and conclusion in several rhetorical modes such as descriptive, narrative, and process.
4. Revise paragraphs for content and organization.
5. Edit for vocabulary and sentence structure.