Hurricane Harvey College Updates
Student Deadline Extensions
These dates apply to the regular 16-week session that was scheduled to start on August 28th.
- Late start payment plan enrollment began Sunday, Sept. 10th.
- Payment plan fees are being waived for the entire month of September for all credit and non-credit courses. Payment plan fees will be reinstated October 1st.
- There is still time to apply for Financial Aid for the fall semester. Please complete the FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov
For students impacted by Hurricane Harvey, it is not too late to register for classes or to add a class to your schedule. See our Fall 2017 Late Start schedule below.
- 13-week Late Start classes begin on 9/18
- 12-week Late Start classes begin on 9/25
- 8-week Late Start classes begin on 9/1 and 10/27
- 7-week Late Start classes begin on 9/8
- 6-week Late Start classes begin on 10/27
LSC-Kingwood & Atascocita Center
LSC-Kingwood suffered extensive damages to six of our nine buildings due to flooding caused by the San Jacinto River which contained sewage from the nearby flooded water treatment plant. While we have specialists sanitizing the buildings, we will not be able to use these buildings for most of the semester. We are asking that you be flexible and give us another week to do the following:
- Convert most 16-week classes that were to start the week of August 28 to 12 week classes that will start the week of September 25.
- Figure out which class sections need to be in a face-to-face format or a hybrid format (combination of online and face-to-face class sessions)
- Offer most face-to-face classes and hybrid ones at one of four locations. These will be in the two non-flooded buildings on the main college campus (Student Conference Center and the Music Instructional Building), the Atascocita Center, the EMCID building in New Caney and a leased building located between the college campus and EMCID. We also have some classes being offered at other sites, which will be communicated to those students.
- Convert all other classes that do not need to meet face-to-face or hybrid to an online class.