Office of the Chancellor » LSCS Policy Manual » Governance and Board of Trustees Policy » I.A. Legal Status of District »
A.4.01 - PlanLone Star College System District stands for quality education throughout all programs and phases of the institution. In order to measure the attainment of the goals outlined by the long-range plans, the Board has identified the following components of institutional effectiveness. These components are considered to be an integral part of the total administration of the System and must be given the support and consideration they demand.
- Ongoing short and long range planning processes must be maintained that provide environmental scanning and input for effective decision making and planning.
- The planning process assists in the development of the necessary goals and directions for each function to identify criteria for measurement and success.
- Throughout the institution, each program and administrative area must continuously monitor and evaluate functions and achievements. This evaluation process is utilized in the improvement of the function as well as the planning process.
- The System is committed to, and complies with, the Criteria of the College Delegate Assembly, either current or as hereafter modified, consistent with the policies and procedures of the Commission of Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
- The System understands and agrees that the Commission on Colleges may, at its discretion, make known to any agency or member of the public (that may request such information) the nature of any action, positive or negative, regarding status with the Commission.
- The System agrees to disclose to the Commission on Colleges any and all such information as the Commission may require to carry out its evaluating and accrediting function.
LSCS Policy Manual Section adopted by the Board of Trustees on August 7, 2008