Leadership High School–Montgomery County
What is Leadership High School?
Leadership High School (LHS) is a leadership development and diversity awareness program for outstanding high school leaders in the Lone Star College System Service Area.
We are excited to offer this fantastic program to high school juniors in the Montgomery County ISDs. Leadership High School-Montgomery County is a multi-community based program committed to educating and enhancing the involvement of Montgomery County eleventh grade students.
Three high school juniors are selected from each participating high school in Montgomery County through an application process. Applications may be obtained from the counselor's office and there is no cost to the participant.
Participating school districts are Conroe, Magnolia, Montgomery, New Caney, Splendora and Willis.
2014-15 Program Session Dates
- Friday, September 26 - Application Deadline
- Saturday, October 18 - Orientation
- Saturday, October 25 - Leadership Skills Retreat
- Saturday, November 15 - Government and Criminal Justice
- Saturday, December 13 - Arts and Culture
- Saturday, January 17 - Health and Human Services
- Saturday, February 14 - Economic Development
- Saturday, March 28 - Community Service Project
- Saturday, April 11 - Closing Session and Certificate Ceremony
All program sessions except for the orientation and closing session will begin and end at the LSC-University Center campus located at 3232 College Park Drive (SH 242), Conroe, TX 77384. Transportation will be provided for all activities during the sessions.