Lone Star College is holding open house events in January and February at various campuses for the Academy for Lifelong Learning (ALL), a membership program for adults age 50-plus who are interested in expanding their horizons with others in a learning environment.
ALL offers more than 600 classes scheduled this spring covering a wide variety of interests such as arts and crafts, gardening skills, photography techniques, health and wellness, technology, genealogy, Tai Chi, yoga, literary discussion groups, and many more.
“This is a great program for active adults who are interested in attending lectures, seminars or discussions,” said Pat Chandler, system program manager for ALL. “The classes are short-term, non-credit, and can last anywhere from a few hours to several weeks and explore technology, health and wellness, financial planning, community service projects, literary discussion groups, genealogy, arts and crafts, an insider's view of Texas history, and more.”
The annual membership fee of $20 ($35 at LSC-Montgomery) allows a person to take all the classes they are interested in at his/her campus, said Chandler.
“Anyone who is interested in taking classes at more than one campus can get a $55 annual global membership which allows individuals to participate in ALL programs at any LSC location where a class is offered,” said Chandler.
The open house events take place in January and February and allow visitors the opportunity to learn more about scheduled classes. ALL staff members will be on hand to answer questions.
Upcoming open house dates are:
• Jan. 8 (Thursday), 2-4 p.m., LSC-Atascocita Center, AC201 (2nd floor balcony). Call 281-312-1750.
• Jan. 15 (Thursday), 1-3 p.m., LSC-Kingwood, EMCID Center (off site). Call 281-312-1750.
• Jan. 16 (Friday), 10 a.m.-noon, LSC-Tomball, Beckendorf Conference Center. Call 281-357-3676.
• Jan. 17 (Saturday), 10 a.m.-noon, LSC-CyFair, Conference Center. Call 281-290-3460 for more information.
• Jan. 20 (Tuesday), 10 a.m.-noon, LSC-North Harris, Community Education Building. Call 281-765-7947.
• Jan. 22 (Thursday), 1-3 p.m. LSC-Victory Center. Call 281-765-7947.
• Jan. 24 (Saturday), 11 a.m.-1 p.m., LSC-Montgomery, Building B-150. Call 936-273-7446.
• Feb. 18 (Wednesday), 1:30-3 p.m., LSC-University Park, Room TBD. Call 281-401-1868.
Visit LoneStar.edu/ALL to learn more.
Cooking classes are but one of more than 600 classes offered by the Lone Star College Academy for Lifelong Learning
in spring at most LSC campuses. ALL will be holding open houses in January and February.
Lone Star College has been opening doors to a better community for more than 40 years. Founded in 1973, LSC remains steadfast in its commitment to student success and credential completion. Today, with almost 83,000 students in credit classes, and a total enrollment of more than 95,000, Lone Star College is the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area and one of the fastest-growing community colleges in the nation. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., is the chancellor of LSC, which consists of six colleges including LSC-CyFair, LSC-Kingwood, LSC-Montgomery, LSC-North Harris, LSC-Tomball and LSC-University Park, seven centers, LSC-University Center at Montgomery, LSC-University Center at University Park, Lone Star Corporate College, and LSC-Online. To learn more visit LoneStar.edu.