Fall 2018 Performing Arts Auditions
Please read all information carefully!
A CHRISTMAS CAROL, THE MUSICAL
1st Audition Date: August 25th @ 11:00 AM – 2 PM
2nd Audition Date: September 6th @ 6:00 – 8:00 PM
- August 25th audition will take place at Stageworks Theatre, 10760 Grant Rd, Cypress TX, 77070
- September 6th audition will take place at the Center for the Arts Building, 9191 Barker Cypress Rd., Cypress, TX 77433, Recital Hall (ART 102)
- You must reserve your audition spot online at www.stageworkshouston.org/auditions-open Please visit this link for any additional information including rehearsal schedule and character breakdown.
- Complete and bring a completed audition form, listing out ALL conflicts during the rehearsal period—a detailed schedule will be crafted based off conflicts. Though we do not rehearse all seven days, we need your conflicts, to tailor the schedule as best we can. Please provide your conflicts Monday-Friday 630pm-1030pm and Saturday 9am-5pm, so we have a full picture of your schedule. Note: Most show rehearsals are held primarily at the Center for the Arts on Lone Star College’s Cy-Fair campus.
- Bring one copy of your acting resume and photo stapled to the back.
- Prepare one song 16-32 bars in the style of the show. Please do not perform a song from the show. We’d like you to act the song as well. Bring your device/phone audio file cut of the song choice. You might be asked to read a side or perform you song in a different manner as well.
- Featured Dancers please sign up for singing slots as well and prepare a 1-minute sample of your dance work instead of a song. If you are both a dancer and singer, prepare only a song only.
- You will be given three (3) minutes total to audition.
- By signing up for a singing/acting audition, you are automatically signed up for a dance/movement evaluation. We will teach you a basic dance step. Please wear appropriate clothing for dance/movement.
NOT ABOUT HEROES
Audition Date: September 14th @ 3:00 – 5:00 PM
TECH Week: October 15th – 24th
Please prepare a one-minute dramatic monologue. You will also be asked to cold read from the script. Sides will be provided at the audition. Address any questions to Carol.A.Worsnop@lonestar.edu or Joshua.Estrada@lonestar.edu
Auditions will take place at the Center for the Arts Building, 9191 Barker Cypress Rd., Cypress, TX 77433 in the Recital Hall (ART 102)
This moving play is about the poetic life and the inter relationship between two of the finest Great War poets: Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sasson. Told by means of letters and poetry, Not About Heroes paints a vivid picture of the Great War.
PLEASE NOTE: As always, we are open to color-blind casting.