Go to myLoneStar to make a payment or set up a payment plan.
- Refunds - Refunds will be made electronically via direct deposit or back to the credit card used to make payment(s) on the account.Refunds for amounts paid with a credit card will be refunded back to that same credit card. This applies to payments made with a pre-paid credit card or a gift card. Students should retain these cards, even if the balance is depleted, until all refunds have been processed.
- Payment Plan - No cash accepted at business offices for initial deposit. Auto-deducted (scheduled) payments are no longer optional. Anyone who signs up for a payment plan will have the 2nd and 3rd installments automatically deducted from their accounts. Installments will deduct automatically from the same payment method used for the initial payment. If you do not want future payments to be drawn from the initial payment account, you must change the saved payment method before the installment due dates.
- eBills - You will receive an email telling you that your bill is ready to be viewed and you should go online to review and pay. We will be able to print your eBill if necessary. Paper bills are no longer mailed.
Payment and Refund Changes
- All refunds will be deposited electronically or applied back to the credit card that was used to make payment(s) on the account. If you do not have a bank account and direct deposit set up, your refund will be delayed up to 2 weeks
- Refunds for amounts paid with a credit card will be refunded back to that same credit card. This applies to payments made with a pre-paid credit card or gift card. Students should retain these cards, even if the balance is depleted, until all refunds have been processed.
- Payment plans will no longer accept cash. Second and third installment payments will be auto-deducted from the same bank account or credit card that was used to make the initial payment.
- You can still pay online with electronic check or credit card
- You can still pay at the business office window with cash, check, or debit card
Debit/Credit Card Payment
Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover are accepted. Current students can pay on-line via myLoneStar. If registering on-line, payment can be made by electronic check or credit card. Electronic checks are processed daily. The funds must be immediately available.
LSCS shall also accept payment for tuition and fees by wire transfer. However, the amount of the wire is limited to the amount of tuition and fees. Any amounts received in excess of tuition and fees due may be refused and returned to the originator.
The telephone registration/payment system (TREG) will no longer be used for payments. Credit/Debit Card payments will not be accepted by telephone.
Payment by Check
Most colleges have drop boxes where you can leave payment. Do not drop cash at these locations.
The following regulations apply for paying by check:
- $30 returned check fee assessed on items not honored by your financial institution.
- If your check is returned, you must settle your obligation promptly or your registration may be canceled and your records withheld.
- No postdated checks will be accepted.
- No temporary checks will be accepted.
- No checks will be accepted for a sum larger than the amount of the transaction.
- To mail in a payment by check use the contact information below to contact your respective campus business office for address information.
If obligations are not paid in full upon notification by the college, these debts may be referred to an outside collection agency and to appropriate credit bureaus. Resulting collection costs will be added to the original debt and the student must pay these costs, as well as attorney's fees, if applicable. Furthermore, all unpaid obligations will result in a hold on student records, diplomas, transcripts and future registration activity. For student account related issues contact the business office at any Lone Star College System campus.
LSCS Financial Responsibility Agreement
When a student enrolls in classes at Lone Star College for the first time the following verbiage related to their financial responsibility will appear. Each student must agree to these terms before enrollment is completed. These responsibilities remain in effect as long as the student is enrolled or has an outstanding balance due.
View the LSCS Financial Responsibility Agreement
LSCS Business Office Contact Information
For business office hours, contacts, and phone numbers,
visit LSC Business & Bursar Offices