Notice: Payment is Due at Time of Registration
Students are responsible for paying charges by the payment due date. Students not paying by the due date may be dropped from their classes. Go to myLoneStar to make a payment or set up a payment plan.
- Fall 2018 Payment Due Date - August 18th
- 2018 Winter-Mini Payment Due Date - December 7th
- Spring 2019 Payment Due Date - January 5th
- 2019 May-Mini Payment Due Date - May 3rd
Students may continue to register after the payment due date of a semester before the start of classes. However, students must pay for their classes the same day to avoid being dropped.
Current students can pay on-line via myLoneStar. You can also pay at the business office window with cash, check, or debit card. (We are currently processing all debit card payments as credit. Processing a PIN debit transaction is not an available option at this time). Credit/Debit Card payments will not be accepted by telephone. Payments via wire transfer is also available for international students through Flywire.
Third Party Sponsored Billing
Sponsored Billing is available for students whose employer, or other organization, has agreed to pay student account charges on behalf of the student to Lone Star College (LSC) . Third Party Sponsors are billed after the Withdrawal date ("W" Day) of the main terms (Fall, Spring, Summer). Payment is due 30 days from the invoice date. Any charges not paid by the Sponsor will be the responsibility of the student. Students must fill out a Third Party Agreement form and provide a letter from their Sponsor on company letterhead stating the payment terms. Please contact your campus Business Office for more details.
There are several types of financial aid available to LSC students, including:
- Workforce Grants
- Workforce Scholarships
- Student Loans
- Work-Study Program
LSC students have many veteran education benefit options available to them, including:
- Chapter 30-Montgomery GI Bill
- Chapter 31-Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment
- Chapter 33– Post 9/11 GI Bill
- Chapter 35-Dependents Educational Assistance
- Chapter 1607-Reserve Educational Assistance Program
- Chapter 1606-Selected Reserve
- Hazlewood Exemption
Paper bills are no longer mailed. When there is activity on your student account that generates charges, you will receive an email notifying you to login to your myLoneStar student center to view and pay the amount due on your account. Contact your Business Office if you need a paper copy of your bill.
- All refunds are deposited electronically or applied back to the credit card that was used to make payment(s) on the account. If you do not have a bank account with direct deposit set up you will receive a refund by check, and your refund will be delayed up to 2 weeks. You can setup a refund profile to receive funds electronically through your myLoneStar account.
- View instructions to setup a Refund Profile
- Refunds for amounts paid with a credit card will be refunded back to that same credit card. This applies to payments made with a pre-paid credit card or a gift card.
Collection Agency Fees
If obligations are not paid in full upon notification by the college, these debts may be referred to an outside collection agency and to appropriate credit bureaus. Students are responsible for paying all collection fee charges, not to exceed 30% of the total amount due on the account, and any possible litigation costs or attorney's fees.
Furthermore, all unpaid obligations will result in a hold on student records, diplomas, transcripts and future registration activity. For student account related issues contact the business office at any Lone Star College campus.
LSC Financial Responsibility Agreement
When a student enrolls in classes at Lone Star College for the first time the following verbiage related to their financial responsibility will appear. Each student must agree to these terms before enrollment is completed. These responsibilities remain in effect as long as the student is enrolled or has an outstanding balance due.
- How to Complete Your Financial Responsibility Agreement in the Student Center
- View the LSC Financial Responsibility Agreement
Exemptions and Waivers
Exemptions are a type of financial assistance allowing some Texas residents to attend a public college or university in Texas without paying tuition or, in some cases, tuition and fees. All documentation required to receive a state exemption or waiver, including Lone Star College's State Exemption and Waiver Acknowledgement Form, should be submitted one week prior to classes starting. Exemptions and waivers are applied up to the Official Day of Record of a term. They cannot be applied to students' accounts retroactively.
LSC Business Office Contact Information
For business office hours, contacts, and phone numbers, visit LSC Business & Bursar Offices.