Payment due for Spring at 10:45pm Jan 7 Last day to set up Payment Plan Jan 16
Go to myLoneStar to make a payment or set up a payment plan.
Students are responsible for paying charges by the payment due date. Students not paying by the due date may be dropped from their classes.
Current students can pay on-line via myLoneStar. You can also pay at the business office window with cash, check, or debit card. (We are currently processing all debit card payments as credit. Processing a PIN debit transaction is not an available option at this time). Credit/Debit Card payments will not be accepted by telephone. Payments via wire transfer is also available for international students through Flywire.
Payment by Debit/Credit Card
Payments can be made using debit/credit cards, pre-paid cards or gift cards. Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover cards are accepted. Students should retain the pre-paid cards and gift cards used for payment, even if the balance is depleted. Refunds will be applied to the original card used during payment.
Payment by Check
Most colleges have drop boxes where you can leave a payment. Do not drop cash at these locations.
The following regulations apply for paying by check:
- $30 returned check fee assessed on items not honored by your financial institution.
- If your check is returned, you must settle your obligation promptly or your registration may be canceled and your records withheld.
- If you have three or more checks returned, you may be prohibited from paying by check or through self-service for current and/or future terms. Payments will have to be made at the campus business office with a debit or credit card until the restriction is lifted.
- No postdated checks will be accepted.
- No temporary checks will be accepted.
- No checks will be accepted for a sum larger than the amount of the transaction.
Please note that your check may be converted into an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) transaction for clearing through an electronic payment network, such as the Automated Clearing House (ACH). By providing us with your completed signed check, you authorize us to make an EFT payment from your account in the same amount as the check. An EFT payment is processed faster than a regular check. Therefore, make certain there are sufficient funds available in your checking account. Our system will make three attempts at processing your payment. Regular bank fees apply. Check with your bank to review it’s fee policy. Additional attempts may result in additional charges by your financial institution. You should contact your financial institution immediately if you believe you were charged an incorrect amount.
Payment by Check Through The Mail
To make sure your class enrollment is not cancelled mail your check early to ensure it’s received before the due date. Payment must be received prior to the due date or your classes will be cancelled.
Notice: Include your student ID number and your telephone number on the check. This information is necessary to ensure that your payment is applied correctly to your account.
Mail your check to the campus where you're enrolled in the majority of your classes:
Lone Star College – University Park
20515 SH 249
Bldg. 13, Suite 230
Houston, Texas 77070
Payment Plan Installments
A payment plan is available to defer a portion of your tuition and fee charges. An initial deposit and a $20 administrative fee is required before classes begin, with the remainder of your charges deferred. Auto-deducted (scheduled) payments are required.
Anyone who signs up for a payment plan will have the 2nd and 3rd installments automatically deducted from the bank account or credit card used for the initial payment. If you want future payments drawn from a different credit card or account, you must change the saved payment method before the installment due dates.
Payment Plan Details
Lone Star College has partnered with Flywire by peerTransfer to provide you with an easy and secure method of sending international payments from other countries (including Venezuela). Flywire allows you to pay from almost any country and any bank!Flywire allows you to:
- Save on bank fees and exchange rates with secure and streamlined payment process, typically in you local currency.
- Receive peace of mind with dedicated multilingual customer support.
- Track your payment from start to finish through text messaging, emails and online.
To book your next payment, go to lonestar.flywire.com
Using peerTransfer/Flywire to make payments from Venezuela
When you use Flywire to make payments from Venezuela you will receive all the necessary information to provide to your bank.
- Go to lonestar.flywire.comand schedule a payment by completing the online form and click SUBMIT.
- Download the instruction with Flywire (by peerTransfer) banking account detail and authorization form (also emailed to you)
- Go to your bank and ask for a "Carta de Instrucción".
- Please fill in the "Carta de Instrucción" with the banking information provided by Flywire.
- Include the "Carta de Instrucción" in your CADIVI folder.
- The bank will process your request to purchase USD and when approved by CADIVI, they will proceed to send USD to Flywire (peerTransfer). Please be aware that the process may take up to 4 weeks to be completed.
- Flywire will receive the money and forward to Lone Star College.
- You will receive a delivery confirmation email when the college receives the payment.
- You can always check the status of your payment by logging in to your peerTransfer account.
Paper bills are no longer mailed. When there is activity on your student account that generates charges, you will receive an email notifying you to login to your myLoneStar student center to view and pay the amount due on your account. Contact your Business Office if you need a paper copy of your bill.
- All refunds are deposited electronically or applied back to thecredit card that was used to make payment(s) on the account. If you do not have a bank account with direct deposit set up you will receive a refund by check, and your refund will be delayed up to 2 weeks. You can setup a refund profile to receive funds electronically through your myLoneStar account.
- View instructions to setup a Refund Profile
- Refunds for amounts paid with a credit card will be refunded back to that same credit card. This applies to payments made with a pre-paid credit card or a gift card.
Collection Agency Fees
If obligations are not paid in full upon notification by the college, these debts may be referred to an outside collection agency and to appropriate credit bureaus. Resulting collection agency fees will be added to the original debt and the student must pay these costs, as well as attorney's fees, if applicable.
Furthermore, all unpaid obligations will result in a hold on student records, diplomas, transcripts and future registration activity. For student account related issues contact the business office at any Lone Star College campus.
LSC Financial Responsibility Agreement
When a student enrolls in classes at Lone Star College for the first time the following verbiage related to their financial responsibility will appear. Each student must agree to these terms before enrollment is completed. These responsibilities remain in effect as long as the student is enrolled or has an outstanding balance due.
Exemptions and Waivers
Exemptions are a type of financial assistance allowing some Texas residents to attend a public college or university in Texas without paying tuition or, in some cases, tuition and fees.
LSC Business Office Contact Information
For business office hours, contacts, and phone numbers, visit LSC Business & Bursar Offices.
Ask a Financial Aid Question
Contact the Financial Aid Contact Center, or call 281.290.2700.