a partner university at the University Center at The Woodlands
Lamar University, through its partnership with Lone Star College, offers students a 2+2=Bachelor's degree opportunity. Students can complete their associate degree in 2 years at Lone Star College, then transfer seamlessly to Lamar University (LSC-University Center at The Woodlands location) to complete their final 2 years earning a bachelor’s degree.
For questions and more information, complete the form below or call 281.529.5371.
- Reverse transfer of credit from Lamar to LSC allows students to complete requirements for the associate degree when they leave LSC and before completing a bachelor's degree
- Application fees may be waived for LSC students
- LSC students may receive tuition discount(s)
- LSC students are eligible to apply for scholarship program(s)
- LSC students and employees admitted to Lamar will be allowed access to academic advising services at Lamar
- Students jointly admitted to LSC and Lamar will receive same benefits as students of institution
- LSC Honors students admitted to Lamar will receive:
- Consideration for acceptance to Lamar Honors College upon satisfaction of Honors College admission criteria
- Lamar may accept a minimum of 12 hours of transfer Honors credits
- Honors transfer students will be eligible for merit and need-based aid commensurate with qualifications
- Honors transfer students accepted in Lamar's Honors College will be eligible to live in Lamar Honors housing
- LSC and Lamar will work to provide additional opportunities to Honors transfer students, such as potential aid for housing, potential travel and study abroad benefits and joint admissions benefits
Completing your first two years at LSC saves students an estimated $16-17K compared to Lamar University tuition.Tuition rates are based on residency and you can get an estimate of your costs by using our LSC Tuition & Fees chart.
Average full-time tuition at LSC is $776 per semester.
Tuition changes as students transfer from LSC to LU, and also based on residency. View the Lamar University Tuition and Fees.
Average tuition for 12+ hours at Lamar is $4,858 per semester.
Financial aid helps students and their families pay for college. There are several types of financial aid available to LSC students and financial aid packages may include more than one type of award.
Lone Star College is an open-enrollment institution. Most students are accepted once they have completed the admissions process. Students transfering or planning to transfer to a University Center partner college need only apply once through LSC.
Lone Star College is a public institution accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) as well as several other program specific accrediting bodies.