Homeschool students who are interested in participating in the dual credit program should bring a copy of their high school transcript to meet with an academic advisor at your respective LSC college campus.
Homeschool Dual Credit Information Session
Please contact an advisor at your respective LSC College Campus for upcoming information sessions.
Homeschool Dual Credit Agreement
Follow the steps below to complete the process of transitioning from a homeschool student to an LSC dual credit student.
- Read and sign the Dual Credit Partnership Agreement
- Develop & bring an updated and signed high school transcript as well as a graduation plan.
- A template for both documents can be found in the Dual Credit Partnership Agreement
- A typed High school transcript must be submitted at the time of registration for course(s) each semester.
- NOTE: For a course to be considered dual credit, it must be reflected on their graduation plans and must be a 3 or more credit hour college course. See dual credit courses for more course eligibility information.
Once you have read and signed the Dual Credit partnership agreement, you may proceed with the Enrollment and Registration Process.
Homeschool Dual Credit Enrollment & Registration Process
Step 1: Admissions: First Time Dual Credit Student
- Apply for admission. Complete the online LSC credit application. Keep your LSC ID #.
- Complete the Pre-Assessment Activity. This can be done on campus or on the myLoneStar student page.
- Complete Placement Testing/TSIA2 Assessment. Receive your testing ticket from advising (See Step 2).
- Satisfy the Bacterial MeningitisVaccination Requirement.
- Some campuses may require students to complete the New Student Orientation. Please contact an advisor at your respective LSC college campus for additional information and requirements.
- Optional: Submit FERPA form. Read more information about the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
Step 2: Testing
- Receive your testing ticket from Advising.
- The Testing fee is waived for Dual Credit students taking the TSIA2 Assessment for the first time.
- Retesting is $10 per section of the test
- Placement tests are given in the Testing Centers at each campus. See Assessment Center location and hours.
- Meet with your LSC Dual Credit Advisor to review your test scores.
Step 3: Registering for Classes
- Homeschool students make take Dual Credit courses that are within the Lone Star College core curriculum, CTE/Workforce courses or foreign language.
- Complete and return the Consent and Waiver for Dual Credit/Exceptional Admission Students Age 17 or Younger Form to your LSC Dual Credit Advisor.
- This form requires signatures of: student, parent, and high school principal/designee (often the parent) (please have classes added to the student's 'shopping cart' via MyLoneStar student portal).
- Your LSC Dual Credit Advisor will register you for classes.
- DUAL CREDIT STUDENTS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO SELF-REGISTER.
Step 4: Pay your Tuition & Books
- You are responsible for the tuition and books portion of your Dual Credit course(s).
- NOTE: For 'College Credit Only' course(s), i.e. PHED 1164, DRAM 1351, MUEN 1127, etc., the student is responsible for the cost of full tuition, fees & books. Tuition & Fee Schedule
- Visit the Bursar/Cashier's Office to request your Dual Credit tuition waiver and pay your fees.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the difference between Dual Credit and the College Credit Only option?
- May I take summer courses?
- May I take mini-term courses in May or December?
- Does the cost include books?
- May I take online courses?
- What happens if I fail a Dual Credit course?
- What happens if I fail a Dual Credit course?
- I am not ready for college level courses. May I take a Developmental (non-college level) course?
- Does the State of Texas mandate homeschool families to follow state graduation requirements?
- I want to take a higher level math (Trig, Pre-Cal, Cal) instead of College Algebra. How do I qualify?
- How do I find out more about Dual Credit at Lone Star College?
For more information about the enrollment process and being admitted to the dual credit program, please email or call the appropriate campus contact.
Dual Credit Registration
(Homeschool, ISD, and Private Schools)
For more information about Summer and Fall 2021 Registration deadlines, please email or call the appropriate campus contact.
*Secondary Schools (ISD, charter, or private) may have a different deadline that supersedes Lone Star College's published deadline. Please confirm the secondary school's deadline with your high school counselor.
Acting AVC Student Services
Office of Student Services