LSC-Kingwood Dental Hygiene
Information Session Video
All applicants must watch Information Session video below to apply for the upcoming Dental Hygiene Application.
The mission of the dental hygiene program is to produce competent graduates whose technical skills, acumen and interpersonal communication skills make them an asset to any employer and the community.
The philosophy of the dental hygiene program is to provide a learning environment that allows students to develop to the full extent of their ability, succeed in a competitive work environment and provide a service to the community.
The goals of the dental hygiene program are to:
- Facilitate the development of entry level dental hygienists who possess comprehensive knowledge and skills to render competent professional dental hygiene patient care to the public.
- Apply the legal and ethical standards of the practice of dental hygiene.
- Develop the ability to critically evaluate scientific literature for use in providing evidence based dental hygiene care.
- Exemplify the role of the dental hygienist in the community through clinical enrichment experiences and volunteer activities.
- Teach students to seek lifelong learning through continuing education courses on the latest developments in dentistry and medicine.
- Foster a commitment of professional development through an active role in professional associations.
The dental hygiene program is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation and has been granted the accreditation status of approved with reporting requirements. The Commission is a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education. The Commission on Dental Accreditation can be contacted at (312) 440-4653 or at 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611-2678.
Graduates of the Lone Star College – Kingwood Dental Hygiene program are eligible to sit for the National Board Dental Hygiene Examination and regional clinical board examinations which are required by the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners for licensure. Graduates that wish to practice outside of Texas should refer to the State licensing agency for requirements. View a list of national State licensing agencies.
We have made every effort to provide all the information you'll need about the LSC-Kingwood Dental Hygiene program. However, if you do not find the information you need in this Web site, please contact: The Healthcare Specialist at LSC-KCDentalHygiene@lonestar.edu.