Did you know that fully-online students have access to remote placement testing? LSC-Online provides this option to meet the unique needs of fully-online students. Check out the quick and easy process below!
Remote Testing Process for LSC-Online Students:
2. Complete the Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA). The PAA must be completed prior to taking the TSIA2 Assessment and is available online. Once completed, you will receive a certificate of completion via email when you are done. NOTE: Students who are TSIA2 Exempt are not required to complete the PAA unless they are choosing to take the TSIA2 Assessment.
3. Forward a copy of the completion certificate to OL-Testing@lonestar.edu.
4. Contact an Online Advisor to find out which test sections you need. You can also find information about exemptions on the TSI Exemptions and Waivers website.
5. Complete the Remote Testing Request form (link below) and email to OL-Testing@lonestar.edu.
6. Pay for your exam online through the LSC-Online Marketplace. NOTE: Please do not pay through another campus' Marketplace site.
7. Wait for an email from Accuplacer that will include your remote voucher number and instructions on how to schedule with the 3rd party company, Examity. Please allow 1-3 business days for processing. NOTE: Examity will charge a $25 fee for their proctoring services. You will pay this fee directly to them, not Lone Star College. This is in addition to the testing fees paid to Lone Star College.
For information about testing accommodations at Lone Star College or to request accommodations, visit the LSC Disability Services website.