Pardon our dust! We're in the process of updating this page!
We're currently reviewing all links and identifying new ones to add. We're also collecting information for success in online classes to help our students adjust to the post-Harvey changes. If you find broken links or have suggestions for content, please email Charlotte.I.Iserhardt@LoneStar.edu.
- Dictionary.com Grammar, Usage and Style
- This site provides a list of resources regarding grammar, usage and style.
- Grammar Bytes
- Find everything grammar related here!
- Guide to Grammar and Writing
- Having trouble with grammar? This website gives detailed information on the most common writing errors and how to avoid them.
- GrammarBook.com is your site for helpful rules, real-world examples, and FUN quizzes.
- Grammar Rules
- Punctuation Rules
- Study Guides and Strategies
- This unique website hosts 267 student guides and strategies with over 100 Adobe Flash exercises and games: Topics include learning to learn to test taking; time, project and stress management; reading, writing and problem solving processes.
- The Elements of Style
- This resource gives in brief space the principal requirements of plain English style and concentrates attention on the rules of usage and principles of composition most commonly violated.
- On this site, you'll find everything from lessons for learners to jobs for teachers, including fun pages like games, quizzes and chat - all free!
- English Grammar Connection
- These interactive online lessons help improve students' English grammar skills. Students receive constructive feedback throughout the exercises, and get a detailed end-of-round summary report after several questions have been completed.
- English Idioms
- An idiom is a phrase where the words together have a meaning that is different from the dictionary definitions of the individual words, which can make idioms hard for ESL students and learners to understand. Here, we provide a dictionary of 3,388 English idiomatic expressions with definitions.
- English Irregular Verbs
- A list of 211 common English irregular verbs, including their base form, past simple, past participle, 3rd person singular, and the present participle / gerund. Click on a verb to view extended information about it.
- English Phrasal Verbs
- Phrasal verbs are idiomatic expressions, combining verbs and prepositions to make new verbs whose meaning is often not obvious from the dictionary definitions of the individual words. They are widely used in both written and spoken English, and new ones are formed all the time as they are a flexible way of creating new terms.
- ESL Student Resources
- This site hosts a variety of resources for the ESL Student.
- Bored with math? Confused by math? Hate math? Yeah, Coolmath can fix that. Totally dig math? Want to learn more math? Want to get ahead in math? Yep, Coolmath is here for that too!
- Purple Math
- Purplemath's algebra lessons are written with the student in mind. These lessons emphasize the practicalities rather than the technicalities, demonstrating dependable techniques, warning of likely "trick" questions, and pointing out common mistakes.