Policies & Features
For the sake of the effectiveness, durability, and efficiency of the open lab, policies have been set in place for the different populations involved in the lab's operations. It is expected that both users (students and faculty) and lab staff will be familiar with and follow these policies.
- Patrons are expected to conduct themselves with civility, politeness, and decorum.
- The lab computers are to be used by currently enrolled students ONLY.
- Users of Adobe Design Premium Suite have priority on stations running this software. Please cede your station to Adobe Design Premium Suite users if you are sitting at one.
- Students are required to be in possession of LSCS identification and sign in and out electronically during open lab hours. Mac users are to sign in and out at the welcome desk, and PC users are to sign in and out at the actual station they plan to use.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the lab. Please enjoy them elsewhere.
- Students are asked to treat all equipment with care and to leave the lab stations in order.
- Children are not allowed in the lab.
- Cell phones should silenced at all times.
- No loud talking: TECH-104 is historically a quiet study space.
- Students viewing materials that are in violation of the Lone Star College System 'appropriate use policy' will be asked to leave and may be banned altogether from the labs.
- The Open Lab is NOT a classroom space. TECH-104 is NOT to be used during class time. Instructors needing computer space for class-time use should reserve a computer lab instead.
- All users (faculty, staff, and students) must leave the lab 10 minutes prior to closing time.
All widely used courseware for classes at LSC-CyFair is accessible to students and faculty in the TLC Open Lab. TLC Open Lab computers are where students and faculty can access these programs.
Printing & Copying
Printing & copying are also available in the TLC Lab at the self-service printing and copying vending area. A digital scanner is also available.