The Writing Center
SUMMER 2017 Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday: 10:30-5:30pm and Saturday 10:30 - 2:30pm
Contact us at 281.290.3279, email@example.com, or stop by the front desk of the Academic Success Center to make an appointment.
The Writing Center at LSC-CyFair offers email-based online writing tutoring to all LSC-CyFair students.
To submit your paper for online tutoring, you must address an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- A Microsoft Word compatible copy of your paper
- A Microsoft Word compatible copy of your assignment
- Your name
- Your student ID
- The course name and number
- Your professor’s name
- The due date
If you omit any of the above information, your paper will not be reviewed
Same day tutoring is not available
Due date tutoring is not available
The CFWC e-mail is checked once a day (in the morning) Monday - Saturday. All submissions are scheduled for the next available appointment if that appointment is before the paper’s due date.
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 281-290-3279
Located in room LRNC 209 inside of LRNC 208, our Writing Center can help you to develop your academic writing skills.
Writing Center Policies
Students should bring any written assignment guidelines, notes and/or drafts to their sessions.
Students should arrive at least five minutes early for their session in order to sign in and fill out forms.
What Our Tutors WILL Do:
- Help you understand your assignment
- Help you set goals for your writing
- Help you brainstorm ideas for your essay
- Help you identify your audience
- Help you outline and draft your paper
- Help you identify areas for possible improvement
- Help you understand an instructor's comments on graded papers
- Help you learn proofreading techniques
- Help you improve your general writing or reading skills
Write your paper
Proofread or correct your paper
Develop ideas for your paper
Estimate the grade for your paper
Do research for your paper
Take the responsibility for finding all the mistakes in your paper
- Tell you what or how to write