TutoringThe Writing Center offers collaborative tutoring for reading, history, government, psychology, philosophy, and writing in any discipline. Contact us at 281.290.3279 or CFWC@lonestar.edu, or stop by LRNC 206 to make a 30-minute appointment.
If you might be late, please contact us at 281-290-3279. If you are more than ten minutes late and have not called in, your appointment will be marked as "no-show" and given to another student.
Online Tutoring This service is for Lone Star College System courses only. Please remember that the CyFair Writing Center is not a proofreading, editing, or grading service. We will not fix your paper for you, but we will help YOU improve your paper.
Our online tutoring is now e-mail based. Please address an email to email@example.com and include the following information. If you like, copy and paste this list into your e-mail.
- A Microsoft Word compatible copy of your paper
- Your professors instructions
- Your name
- Your student ID
- The course name and number
- Your professorís name
- The due date
- Any specific concerns you have regarding your assignment.
Same day tutoring is not available.
Due date tutoring is not available.
The CFWC e-mail is checked once a day (in the morning) Monday - Friday. All submissions are scheduled for the next available appointment if that appointment is before the paperís due date.
Online tutoring takes at least 24-hours Monday - Thursday (if appointments are available).
Online tutoring takes at least 72-hours Friday - Sunday (if appointments are available).
Online and in-person tutoring is handled by the same tutors. Because of the high demand for writing tutoring, our tutors are often scheduled up to a week in advance.
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 281-290-3279.
Location Located in room LRNC 206, our Writing Center can help you to develop your academic writing skills.
Writing Center PoliciesStudents should bring any written assignment guidelines, notes and/or drafts to their sessions.
Students should schedule their appointment at least one day before the assignment due date.
Students should arrive at least five minutes early for their session in order to sign in and fill out forms.
What Our Tutors WILL Do:
- Help you understand your assignment
- Help you set goals for your writing
- Help you brainstorm ideas for your essay
- Help you identify your audience
- Help you outline and draft your paper
- Help you identify areas for possible improvement
- Help you understand an instructor's comments on graded papers
- Help you learn proofreading techniques
- Help you improve your general writing or reading skills
What Our Tutors WILL NOT Do:
- Write your paper
- Proofread or correct your paper
- Develop ideas for your paper
- Estimate the grade for your paper
- Do research for your paper
- Take the responsibility for finding all the mistakes in your paper
- Tell you what or how to write
Guide to Grammar & Writing
Writing Effective Paragraphs