LSC Nursing Mission Statement:
- The mission of the Nursing Programs of LSC is to provide a quality education to prepare competent, caring, ethical nurses to function as members of the health care team in the dynamic health care environment.
- We believe the community college provides an ideal, accessible setting for nursing education where students of all educational and cultural backgrounds may achieve their goals.
- The uniqueness of each individual college program, faculty and students is acknowledged and respected.
- The individual campuses implement the philosophy to meet the diverse needs of the communities they serve.
LSC Montgomery's Nursing Mission Statement:
- The mission of the nursing program at Lone Star College-Montgomery is to provide the communities of northern Harris and Montgomery counties in the state of Texas with an accessible quality nursing education.
- We believe the program provides a nursing education to meet the changing health care needs of the local community served by the college.
- We prepare culturally and ethnically diverse nursing graduates, who possess the knowledge, technical, critical thinking skills and decision-making ability necessary to adapt to an ever-changing nursing profession, through lifelong learning.
- We prepare nurses who are committed to developing a caring holistic environment in which patients are treated with respect and dignity.
- We prepare nurses who are active citizens in their communities through volunteerism, mentorship, and stewardship by providing healthcare information and treatment/care to those in need.
- We create a work environment that values faculty and staff, fosters team-work, collaboration, innovative problem-solving, respect for peers and students, and provides excellent role models for the nursing profession.
- The Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) and Transition programs of study are founded on an integrated curriculum model, in which components of classroom and clinical content are organized around a series of concepts that progress from simple to complex.