What is Leadership High School?
Leadership High School (LHS) is a leadership development and diversity awareness program for outstanding high school leaders in the Lone Star College System Service Area.
Leadership High School-Northwest came on board in the fall of 2011 to meet the growth in the North Houston area.
Two high school juniors are selected from each participating high school in Northwest Houston through an application process. Applications may be obtained from the counselor's office at each high school and there is no cost to the participant.
Participating school districts are Cypress-Fairbanks, Klein and Tomball. Participating private schools are Concordia Lutheran and Rosehill Christian.
- Friday, September 26 - Application Deadline
- Saturday, October 18 - Orientation
- Saturday, October 25 - Leadership Skills Retreat
- Saturday, November 15 - Government and Criminal Justice
- Saturday, December 13 - Arts and Culture
- Saturday, January 17 - Health and Human Services
- Saturday, February 14 - Economic Development
- Saturday, March 21 - Community Service Project
- Saturday, April 11 - Closing Session and Certificate Ceremony
All program sessions except for the orientation and closing session will begin and end at the LSC-Tomball campus located at 30555 Tomball Parkway, Tomball, TX 77375. Transportation will be provided for all activities during the sessions.
Developing Leaders. Delivering Results.