Library Technical Services
Library Technical Services, as a part of the Lone Star College System Office, supports the functions of teaching, research, and public service. Library Technical Services embraces the mission of the campus libraries, which is to provide services and learning opportunities to students, faculty, staff, and the general community which include:
- Cataloging (organization and bibliographic description of print and non-print materials);
- Library Technology (searchable catalogs, databases, journals, books, etc. in electronic format and available at each site and via the Web);
- Interlibrary Loans (borrowing and lending of books, articles, and other materials unavailable within the Harmonic Consortium's libraries);
- Acquisitions (purchasing and receiving orders of print and non-print materials);
- Serials (processing of all print journals, magazines, and newspapers).
Further, the mission of the Library Technical Services Department includes the promotion of life-long learning through exemplary service and instruction, library resources, and updated information technology that support learning and meet the needs of the System employees and our diverse community of users.
Lone Star College System libraries maintain a consortium arrangement (HARMONIC) with the Montgomery County Memorial Library System and the Harris County Public Libraries, sharing an electronic database of library holdings in the Horizon system. The consortium allows for intra-library loan of materials, maximizing the collection of all entities while still allowing each to focus on its own patron needs.
Program Manager, Technology
Head of Cataloging
Authority Control Librarian