Community Leadership and Engagement
What is Community Leadership and Engagement?
Community Leadership and Engagement is our region's premier resource for leadership development and civic education that is community-based, intergenerational, and inclusive of leaders from all sectors of our community.
CLE is home to several outstanding, interconnected flagship programs that together make up a comprehensive leadership development curriculum. These programs target different leadership groups and together provide a unique combination of leadership development, civic education, civic engagement, and networking opportunities for leaders at all levels.
Developing Leaders. Delivering Results.
Covering topics such as education, cultural arts, economic development, health and human services and more. Learn More »
Lone Star Leadership College provides an opportunity to educate and mentor emerging student leaders for diverse roles of leadership. Learn More »
Leadership High School is a leadership development and diversity awareness program for outstanding high school leaders. Learn More »
CDI is designed to train community development professionals and volunteers in the techniques of modern leadership and management. Learn More »
The Community Leadership and Engagement's community-focused curriculum achieves the goal of expanding and improving our civic leadership base and encouraging civic responsibility by including the following foundational elements in each of our flagship programs:
- Teaching the community's history and current environment as cornerstones of understanding what is possible in the future
- Enhancing regional competitiveness in a global economy
- Increasing the levels of active and responsible civic leadership in community issues
- Creating an inclusive leadership environment that demonstrates mutual respect and civility while accomplishing significant civic goals
- Building civic capacity that achieves meaningful results across a generation of leaders
We are committed to north Houston's excellence. Together, we can create a future for our community that is full of promise, opportunity, and positive change.