Registration Now Open for Summer Courses
Admissions and Registration Process for Visiting Lone Star College Students
All students who have attended a college other than Lone Star College must complete the Transfer Student Admissions process outlined here: LoneStar.edu/transfer-into-lsc.
Often transfer students, especially those just visiting LSC for a semester (such as Summer), are not able to self-register for classes until all official transcripts have been received and evaluated. Transcript evaluation can take 4-6 weeks, therefore, transfer students may follow the steps below to request expedited registration for courses.
- Use the Lone Star College catalog to verify you have met prerequisites for the course you are intending to take. If you have any questions about this, email LSCcfAdvising@lonestar.edu for a review.
- Using your myLonestar student email, send a scanned copy of your current college transcript to CyFair.Registration@lonestar.edu.
- In the same email, provide your LSC ID number and request a one-semester transcript waiver. A transcript waiver indicates your understanding that you are required to submit official transcripts from all previously attended universities to Lone Star College before we will issue a transcript to you or any other institution, and before we will permit future semester registrations. If we have already received all official transcripts, you may skip this step.
- In the same email, request registration for the specific course(s) you would like to register for using the example below. You should provide the course subject and number as well as both section and class numbers for your selected course. LoneStar,edu/class-search.
- Allow 2 business days for a response to your registration request. You should also aware of payment deadlines: LoneStar.edu/payment.
Frequently Asked Questions for Visiting Lone Star College Students
Not sure what class(es) you can take?
It is recommended students visit an advisor at their home institution regarding the best courses to take with LSC in order to ensure transferability and applicability to chosen majors. Lone Star College advisors can be reached for additional information via email at LSCcfAdvising@lonestar.edu.
How will your credits transfer to your home institution?
At the completion of the semester, after your grades have posted, you may order an official transcript from Lone Star College (LoneStar.edu/transfer-university.) You should check with your home institution regarding where to send transcripts and their process for receiving and processing transfer credit.
Payment for summer mini is due by May 5, 2017.
Payment for regular summer sessions is due by May 26, 2017.
Students may register for a course after the payment deadline; however, payment is due the same day as registration.
If you do not intend to participate in the courses you register for, it is your responsibility to drop the course prior to the first day of class. No payment plans are available for Summer 2017.
What if I begin a course and later need to drop it? Once a course has begun, students are not permitted to self-drop courses online. Students are encouraged to be familiar with Lone Star College policies and state law regarding dropping classes before submitting a drop request: LoneStar.edu/changes-withdrawals.
After a course has begun, students may submit a drop request in person to a campus Registration office or via e-mail to CyFair.Registration@lonestar.edu.