Library Services: Adults - LSC-Tomball
Book Discussion Groups @ your Library...
Read a good book, join in a great discussion, and have fun!
After Austen Book Club
Meets at 7:00 PM on Oct. 26 in the 2nd floor Conference Room. Please join us for a discussion of The Quiet Gentleman by George Heyer.
Afternoon Book Discussion
Will discuss Gulf Coast Reads title The Promise by Ann Weisgarber. Meets on Oct. 13 at 3:00 PM in the 2nd floor Conference Room.
Inspirational/Christian Book Club
Will discuss Face of Betrayal by Lis Wiehl. Meets on Oct. 8 at 7:00 PM in the 2nd floor Conference Room.
Mystery Book Club
Will discuss The Monogram Murders by Sophie Hannah. Meets on Thursday, Oct. 22 from 1:00-3:00 PM in the 2nd floor Conference Room.
Paranormal Book Club
Meets at 6:30 PM on Oct. 12 in the 2nd floor Conference Room. Will discuss First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones.
Sit and Stitch
Share needlework and conversation every Thursday from 10:00am-12:00 PM in the first floor Meeting Room.
Check Out Our Computer Classes
List of free computer classes offered in the library.
Displays and Exhibits in the Library
- Exhibition - on 2nd floor - "A Glimpse of the Ocean Floor" by Kristen Adkins
- Book Display - on 2nd floor - "New Books"
- Book/DVD Display - on 2nd floor - "Under the Sea"
- Book /DVD Display - on 2nd floor - "Spooky Literature" by Natalie Armantrout and Vicki Bradley
- DVD Display - on 2nd floor - "Scary Movies" by Natalie Armantrout
- Book Display - on 1st floor - "Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month"
- Book Display - on 1st floor - "Homeschool"
- Book Display - on 1st floor - "New Large Type" books
The library offers free ESL programs for anyone interested in improving their English and who have some understanding of spoken English. No registration required. Classes are held in Room L212.
- Wednesdays, 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM.
Sit and Stitch
Sit and Stitch is an informal group that meets to share needlework, crochet, knitting and good conversation. Meets in Room L129.
Every Thursday, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM.
Job Search Skills Seminars
Wednesdays, 1-3 pm
LSC-Tomball Community Library is partnering with Workforce Solutions to offer two free workshops for job seekers again. Here are the details for the month of September:
10/07 - Creating Resumes, Completing Applications, and Writing Cover Letters
10/21 - Making the Connections
Please register in person or call 832.559.4211.
|Monday - Thursday: 8AM-9:00PM |
Sat. day: 10AM-5PM
Other Resources & Services
|LSC-Tomball Assessment Center|
Provides a variety of testing services.
|LSC-Tomball Extended Learning Center (ELC)|
Tutoring and other help for student success.