LSC-Tomball Assessment Center
The Assessment Center is located on the second floor of the library in Room L201. We provide a variety of testing services for students, faculty, and the community.
The Assessment Center offers proctoring services for many types of exams, including, but not limited to:
- Placement Exams (TSI Assessment, Dual-Credit Testing, ACCUPLACER Math, ACCUPLACER ESL, AVANT)
- Internal Challenge Exams
- CLEP Exams
- LSC-Online Exams
- LSC Instructor Exams
- Correspondence Exams (proctored exams for other institutions)
- HESI (nursing) Exams
- Pearson VUE/GED Exams
**WE STOP ADMINISTERING TESTS PROMPTLY ONE HOUR BEFORE THE CENTER CLOSES**
ABSOLUTELY NO TESTING WILL BEGIN WITHIN AN HOUR PRIOR TO CLOSING
Please complete an intake form for each exam you would like the assessment center to proctor. Download the intake form: Assessment Center Intake Form (.pdf)
How to submit a test request on-line
- Log in to MyLoneStar with Username/Password
- Click on LSCS Custom on the left side
- Click on Testing Center Requests
- Complete the form fields
- Click "Submit"
For MOST exams given in the Assessment Center, no appointment is necessary.
You must schedule Challenge/AVANT and CLEP exams. To schedule a Challenge or AVANT exam, please call for an appointment. For CLEP exams, you must schedule your appointment online. If you are taking a correspondence exam, please verify that we have received your test before you arrive. You can register for PearsonVue exams at http://www.pearsonvue.com/.
YOU MUST ARRIVE AT LEAST 1 HOUR PRIOR TO CLOSING. PLACEMENT TESTERS MUST ARRIVE AT LEAST 4 HOURS PRIOR TO CLOSING.
- We stop administering tests promptly one hour before the center closes. Absolutely no testing will begin within one hour prior to closing – NO EXCEPTIONS. The last hour is reserved for closing out exams that are already in progress.
- It is the Examinee’s responsibility to arrive early enough before closing time to finish an exam.
- In order to protect the integrity of exams, photo identification is required. Student ID, Driver License, Passport, Military ID, or other government issued photo IDs are acceptable forms of identification.
- All testing fees must be paid at the Bursar’s Office prior to testing and the Examinee must present a receipt in order to test. (Please keep in mind that the Bursar’s Office hours differ from Assessment Center hours, and the Bursar’s Office is closed on Saturdays.)
- Please do not bring children; they cannot be accommodated or left unattended while testing.
Assessment Center Hours
Fall/Spring Semester Hours
Mon – Thurs: 8am - 8pm
Fri: 8am - 5pm
Sat: 10am - 4pm
June 5, 2017 - Aug.12, 2017
Mon – Thurs: 8am - 5:30pm
Fri: 9am - 2pm
Sat: 10am - 2pm
(Wed – Sun)
CLOSED for Thanksgiving
December 23-26 (Fri-Mon)
Dec 31-Jan 2 (Fri-Mon)
CLOSED for Winter Holidays
January 16 (Monday)
CLOSED for MLK Holiday
CLOSED for Spring Break
April 13 (Thursday)
EARLY CLOSURE - 5pm
April 14-16 (Fri - Sun)
CLOSED for Spring Holiday
May 27-29 (Sat - Mon)
CLOSED for Memorial Day
July 4 (Tuesday)
CLOSED for Independence Day
Assessment Center Contact Information
30555 Tomball Parkway
Tomball, TX 77375