The HESI exam will be administered in the LSC-Tomball Assessment Center on the second floor of the LSC-Tomball Community Library in Room L201. Specific dates and times the exam will be offered are listed in the registration menus below.
***Please see below for available dates and times to register***
There are thirty-five (35) seats available for each of these sessions. You must register to secure a seat. Please select a date from the drop-down menu and complete the registration form. Once you have completed the registration process, download and print out a HESI testing ticket by clicking on the link below:
LSC-Tomball HESI Registration
30555 Tomball Parkway - Room L201
Tomball, TX 77375
Winter/Spring 2017 – 2018 HESI Testing
- All testers must arrive at the Assessment Center for which they registered to take the exam by 9:30 am.
- ALL TESTS WILL BEGIN PROMPTLY AT 10:00 am. - NO EXCEPTIONS
- Seating capacity is limited to 35 (thirty-five) testers per session.
- You are allowed 5.5 hours to complete the exam. If you finish all parts of the test before the time is up you are free to leave.
Prior to Testing:
- Create an Evolve Account BEFORE you register for a test.
- If you do not have a LSC Student ID number you must obtain one by applying for admission.
- Register, then download and print out a HESI Testing Ticket for the campus at which you registered. (See link(s) above.)
- For more information about the testing ticket or about applying to the LSC-Tomball Nursing program, visit the Nursing Homepage.
- Take your testing ticket to the business office of the campus at which you are registered to test and pay the $35 testing fee. Payments are not accepted in the Assessment Center, but you may make your payment in the business office on the day you come to take the exam. Be sure to arrive early enough before the scheduled check-in time to allow enough time to make your payment.
The day of the test you will need:
- Testing Ticket
- Picture Identification
- 7-digit LSC Student ID Number
- PAID Receipt from the Business Office at the LSC campus you are testing at
- Evolve Username and Password
- *Scratch paper, pencils, and a 4-function calculator will be provided by the testing center*
About the Nursing Pre-Entrance HESI Exam:
- The HESI Nursing Pre-Entrance Test is computer based.
- Students will have a maximum of 5.5 hours to take the exam. With ADA accommodations, students may be allowed longer test taking time.
- A study guide for Evolve Reach Admission Assessment Exam Review (HESI A2) can be purchased online.
- If you take the test at any LSC campus, the score will appear on your application.
- A minimum score of 75 for Basic Track and Transition and a 70 for LVN on ALL SECTIONS are required before applying to the program. Critical Thinking section must be passed with a minimum score of 750 for ADN and Transition, and a minimum score of 700 for Vocational Nursing.
- If you have taken HESI outside the LSC System in the past year, official scores must be sent directly from Elsevier to the nursing program director one week prior to the application deadline; official scores must be submitted from Elsevier.
- The HESI entrance exam scores must be less than one year old at the time of application.
- When retaking the test, students will have to retake all 6 sections of the test.
- Applicants wishing to retest must wait 60 days to retake the HESI Test. Scores from tests taken in violation of the 60-day rule are invalid.