Marketing & Communications
The office of Marketing and Communication leads the planning, creation and implementation of Lone Star College's marketing, external communications and brand management goals, policies and initiatives. Our creative team communicates the College's identity as an exceptional institution of higher education to prospective and current students, alumni, parents, donors, supporters, and the public.
Our creative team accomplishes this through many different mediums by coordinating or facilitating the development of high quality print publications, an expanded presence on the web and in electronic media and the cultivation of favorable mainstream and online media coverage.
Working closely with other campus departments, particularly Admissions and Advancement and College Relations, the office provides support and direction to the marketing of the college to important audiences.
Public records requests pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act are managed by the Office of General Counsel and may be requested at the following location:
view our public records information
The Communications and Media Relations team is Lone Star College's primary communications link with news media, alumni, parents, and other key constituents to broaden public awareness and public understanding of Lone Star College.
We are responsible for media relations, Star Newsletter, and other major publications, and official content of the Lone Star College Web site.
Our Marketing and Communications Digital Services team is dedicated to using digital media to encourage student success, enhance the LSCS brand, and provide clear pathways to educational opportunities for the entire community.
- Digital Marketing
- Web Design & Development
- Web Analytics & Marketing Research
- Web Content Management Administraion & Training
- Digital Signage Administration & Content Development
- Rich Media develoment and support
- Mobile Web Development & Design
- Digital Video and Photography
As a team, Marketing Services completes nearly 1,000 projects each year—and the number is growing. Our services include:
- communications, marketing and media relations strategies and tactics
- strategic marketing plans
- press releases and media relations
- public relations for events and initiatives
- advertising plans and placement
- direct mail promotions and solicitations
- invitation packages and other printed materials
- photography and video services (limited availability)
- marketing communications materials (websites, brochures, pamphlets, booklets)
- editorial assistance (writing, re-writing and copy editing)
- vendor recommendations for printing, photography and design
Creative Services has a dual focus: it provides campus news and information and as well as communications and marketing support for both colleges and system office.
Associate Vice Chancellor
Executive Director, Communications
Director, Digital Services
Web Content Administrator
Senior Web Designer
Program Manager, Digital Signage
Senior Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer II
Senior Graphic Designer
Award Winning Services
AMA Houston Crystal Award
- Registration Guide
NCMPR Gold Award
- Academic Catalog
- Electronic Schedule/Catalog
- Radio/PSA, series
- Print, single ad
NCMPR Silver Award
- LSCS Open Doors Folder
- LSCS Online Marketing
- Print, series
- Online Newsletter
- Mobile Website
Higher Ed Marketing Gold
- LSCS Website
Higher Ed Marketing Silver
Higher Ed Marketing Bronze
- Magazine Ad