LSC Study Abroad
What Is Study Abroad?
Study abroad is a program that allows students to take one or more classes in a country other than the United States for academic credit. Click here for details on available Study Abroad Programs.
Study abroad offers valuable opportunities to visit another country, experience another culture firsthand, build your cross-cultural skills, enhance your resume, immerse yourself in another language, challenge yourself in new ways, and make new friends.
Join a Study Abroad Program
To get started in the process of participating on a study abroad program:
- Contact the professor in charge of the program of interest for information on space availability, cost, and program application process. Contact information can be found on the programs offered page.
- Complete the program application, pay any application deposits, and fulfill any other program requirements. Each program may have a different application and requirements. If the program does not have their own application, use the general Study Abroad Student Program Application.
- Apply for scholarships, if qualified. Note: Receiving a scholarship is not required to join a study abroad program as long as the student is able to pay the appropriate costs.
- Pay any remaining deposits or fees toward the program.
- Have more questions? Please see the FAQ's and the Study Abroad Student Checklist for information. If you have more questions, please email StudyAbroad@lonestar.edu for general information. For details on a specific Study Abroad program, please contact the instructor leading that program.
Get the Facts
Paying For A Study Abroad Program
LSC has resources available to eligible students that help with the cost of studying abroad. Enrollment in a program of study abroad approved for credit by the home school may be considered enrollment in the home school for purposes of applying for federal student financial aid.
Faculty-Led Study Abroad Programs
If you are a LSC faculty member and are interested in creating or participating in a study abroad program, please consult our Faculty Study Abroad Handbook.
Request more information for Study Abroad