A student's request to transfer into any Lone Star College System Nursing Program will be reviewed on an individual basis by the Nursing Program Director and Transfer/Readmissions Committee. Class placement is based on previous achievement and space availability. Admission is considered only if prior program enrollment has been within one (1) year.
1.Transfer requests for those who have completed coursework (within two semesters of inquiry) at other colleges are evaluated individually and acceptances are based on program space availability.
2. Students who have had two (2) unsuccessful attempts in any nursing program are not eligible for transfer into the nursing programs at LSCS.
3. Transfer applicants will be required to submit a letter of their standing from the prior nursing program director.
4. See college web sites for additional information regarding the nursing program transfer guidelines.
(LSCS 2011-2012 Catalog, Page155)
The following are required to be considered for transfer:
- Meet all Lone Star College System and nursing program admission requirements, including a clear criminal background check.
- Letter from student requesting transfer to the Lone Star College System Nursing Program, including reason for withdrawal from previous program.
- Letter of recommendation from prior nursing program director/s.
- Copy of physical examination, including current immunization records.
- Copy of current CPR certification for healthcare provider.
Students who have had two (2) unsuccessful attempts in previous Associate Degree Nursing programs are not eligible for transfer into the Associate Degree Nursing Program at Lone Star College System. These students must apply as a beginning nursing student.
Students who have had two (2) unsuccessful attempts in previous Vocational Nursing programs are not eligible for transfer into the Vocational Nursing program at Lone Star College System. These students must apply as a beginning nursing student.