New Student Orientation at LSC-University Park
Welcome to Lone Star College
Welcome to Lone Star College-University Park!
For Orientation Dates: Click Here
We are glad you have chosen LSC-University Park and look forward to helping you start this exciting adventure! To help you with your transition to our college, we offer New Student Orientation programs prior to registration for classes. Orientation sessions will be held at LSC-University Park, 20515 SH 249, Houston, TX 77070.
New Student Orientation is required for all first-time in college students (FTIC).
- You are considered FTIC if you have never taken a for-credit college course since graduating from high school.
- If you previously took college credit while enrolled in high school, you are still considered FTIC.
- You cannot register for classes until you have completed New Student Orientation.
New Student Orientations are FREE but students are REQUIRED to register in advance to ensure a spot in our sessions.
Due to space restrictions we ask that students limit their accompanying guests to one additional person.
Are You Ready to Roar?
At Lone Star College-University Park, we are the Lions and we are always ready to roar! At our Orientation you'll do more than just get a tour. It's an introduction to college life, and you will be given skills and strategies to ensure that you are successful at Lone Star College!
During the Ready to Roar session, students will have the opportunity to:
- Interact with other new students, Faculty and Staff
- Find out about academic programs and campus resources
- Meet with an academic advisor and register for the upcoming semester
- Get your individual questions answered
To get the most out of orientation you will need to have the following items completed before registering for New Student Orientation:
Complete an LSCS Admissions Application
Complete all necessary placement testing and submit scores
Satisfy the requirement for Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination
If you have completed all the pre-requisites for New Student Orientation log-in to MyLonestar, switch to your Applicant tab and select New Student Orientation on your check-list to pre-register for one of our upcoming dates.
Pre-registration is necessary to ensure you have a seat at the session of your choice!
If you have issues registering, please contact us with your Name, Student ID number and the session you wish to attend at UP.Orientation@LoneStar.edu, and we can help you!
Orientation Check-In Information
- Please plan to arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of the session to ensure you have enough time for parking, room location and the check-in process.
- From the second floor entrance follow the Paw Prints on the floor to get to Orientation!
- If you are unsure of where to go, stop by the Information Center located in NRB Suite 200 or the Office of Admissions located in Building 12, 2nd floor, Suite 232 and someone will direct you.
- After the session you will travel to the registration room where an Academic Advisor will help you register for classes. If you still need to complete items on your admissions checklist you will be taken to the Admissions office to complete them.
Friday December 2 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. Tuesday December 6 Noon - 2 p.m. Tuesday December 13 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
LSC-University Park Spanish Orientation Dates
Thursday November 17 1 p.m. - 3 p.m. Thursday December 8 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
|Maps & Tours|
|Browse the Catalog|