New Student Orientation at LSC-University Park
Welcome to Lone Star College
Welcome to Lone Star College-University Park!
For Orientation Dates: Click Here
We are glad you have chosen LSC-University Park and look forward to helping you start this exciting adventure! To help you with your transition to our college, we offer New Student Orientation programs prior to registration for classes. Orientation sessions will be held at LSC-University Park, 20515 SH 249, Houston, TX 77070.
New Student Orientation is required for all first-time in college students (FTIC).
- You are considered FTIC if you have never taken a for-credit college course since graduating from high school.
- If you previously took college credit while enrolled in high school, you are still considered FTIC.
- You cannot register for classes until you have completed New Student Orientation.
New Student Orientations are FREEbut students are required to register in advance.
Due to space restrictions we ask that students limit their accompanying guests to one additional person.
Are You Ready to Roar?
At Lone Star College-University Park, we are the Lions and we are always ready to roar! At our Orientation you’ll do more than just get a tour. It’s an introduction to college life, and you will be given skills and strategies to ensure that you are successful at Lone Star College!
During the Ready to Roar session, students will have the opportunity to:
- Interact with other new students, Faculty and Staff
- Find out about academic programs and campus resources
- Meet with an academic advisor and register for the upcoming semester
- Get your individual questions answered
To get the most out of orientation you will need to have the following items completed before registering for New Student Orientation:
Complete an LSCS Admissions Application
Complete all necessary placement testing and submit scores
Satisfy the requirement for Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination
If you have completed all the pre-requisites for New Student Orientation log-in to MyLonestar, switch to your Applicant tab and select New Student Orientation on your check-list to pre-register for one of our upcoming dates.
If you have issues registering, please contact us at UP.Orientation@LoneStar.edu, and we can attempt to help you!
Orientation Check-In Information
- From the second floor entrance follow the Paw Prints on the floor to get to Orientation!
- If you are unsure of where to go, come to Building 13, 2nd floor, Suite 210 - Office of Admissions and someone will direct you.
- Check-in time begins 30 minutes prior to start of the program.
LSC-University Park Orientation Dates
|Thursday||April 9||2 p.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Friday||April 17||10 a.m. - 12 p.m.|
|Monday||April 27||4 p.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Tuesday||May 5||4 p.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Monday||May 11||4 p.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Tuesday||May 14||2 p.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Monday||May 18||4 p.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Tuesday||May 26||10 a.m. - 12 p.m.|
|Friday||May 29||10 a.m. - 12 p.m.|
LSC-University Park Spanish Orientation Dates
|Friday||April 24||10 a.m. - 12 p.m.|
|Wednesday||May 6||10 a.m. - 12 p.m.|
|Thursday||May 21||2 p.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Maps & Tours|