Tips for Functional Needs Support Services (FNSS)
Lone Star College is committed to providing a safe environment in which to learn, study, and work. As a member of the LSC community, each of us has a personal responsibility to be prepared, to be informed, and to have a plan in the event of an emergency. Preparation, which includes practice, is the key to success in dealing with an emergency situation. Preparation is an ongoing process. It is important to remember that the usual means of support and assistance available during normal business operations may not be available during or after an emergency.
Individuals who may need assistance during an evacuation or lockdown should contact appropriate campus/location personnel to determine appropriate accommodations to maintain safety. If you need assistance to evacuate during an emergency, please call X5911 or 281.290.5911. These services are available 24 hours a day to assist you. Also, please visit LSC Accessibility Services and Resources for additional supports and services.
- Discuss your emergency plans with campus Student Disablity Services personnel.
- Discuss your emergency plans with your supervisor.
- Maintain a list of people who can assist and their telephone numbers.
- Service animals may become confused, panicked, frightened, or disoriented during and after an emergency, so be prepared with an alternate way to manage the task that they typically perform.
- Identify at least two evacution routes for each building.
- Determine how to best communicate with others during an emergency and consider alternative communication methods.
- Do not use elevators in an evacuation.
- Active participation in drills aids preparation and increases safety.