The mission of the LSC Safety and Security Committee is to support the College by promoting a safe, secure, and healthy learning and work environment for students, faculty, staff, and community visitors.
- To support the development and implementation of the College’s Multi-Hazard Emergency Operations Plan.
- To be responsible for facilitating an annual safety and security audit and preparing a written report to executive leadership.
- To ensure the safety and security audit is completed and submitted to the Texas School Safety Center every three years in accordance with The Texas Education Code §37.108.
- To develop and obtain approval for an annual College-wide emergency response drill schedule for all locations.
- To regularly review health and safety concerns and incidents and make recommendations to the executive leadership for the maintenance and improvement of a safe and healthy environment throughout the College.
- To promote safety through comprehensive safety education and training programs for all employees, students, and visitors across all College operations.
- Sr. Associate Vice Chancellor, Public Safety (designated co-chair)
- Sr. Associate Vice Chancellor, Governance, Accountability, and Compliance (designated co-chair)
- Information Security Officer
- Representative from Department of Emergency Preparedness
- Representative from Environmental Health and Life Safety department
- Executive Director, Facilities
- Campus Faculty Senate President (annual rotation from the colleges)
- Vice President from each college
- Title IX Coordinator
- Representative from Counseling/Student Services (annual rotation from the colleges)
- Representative from Campus Police
- Representative from the Office of Human Resources
- Representative from Marketing and Communication