Students and employees are Lone Star College’s most valuable assets. LSC is committed to its core value to make all efforts to ensure a safe learning and working environment for all. Proper chemical management, education, and usage plays a key role in ensuring the health and safety of the LSC community.
The Texas Hazard Communication Act (THCA), codified as Chapter 502 of the Texas Health and Safety Code (HSC), requires all public employers in Texas to provide their employees with information regarding hazardous chemicals to which employees may be exposed in their workplace.
To maximize safety efforts and ensure that Lone Star College is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, the College’s chemical management and safety programs include:
- Posting of the Texas Worker Right to Know Notice at all locations.
- Maintenance of a workplace and laboratory chemical inventory by location site managers.
- Access to safety data sheets thru a digital platform.
- Proper storage and container labeling of chemicals at all locations.
- Annual employee education and training.
- Student program and course specific safety-related learning outcomes.
- Chemical incident reporting procedures at all locations.
The Lone Star College community can obtain chemical safety data sheets (SDS) via Lone Star College’s chemical eBinder at VelocityEHS Chemical Management.
Location Site Manager Designees
|Tien Nguyen||Geetanjali Khandekar||Rocio Garza|
|Bridgette Sellers||Latoya Hardman||Duaine Harris|
|Maryem Sheded||John Maynard||Jamie Hudson|
|Michael Tolman||Benjamin Jackson|
|Jose Ferreira||Thomas Robertson||Marisue Freed|
|Ray Ford||Ellen Turnell||Denise Metz|
|Amber Louder||Dan Williams|
|LSC-University Park||LSC-System Office, The Woodlands||LSC-System Office, University Park|
|Jess Kelly||Bonnie Farrell||Richard Miertschin|