Important Information Registration for Summer II and Fall classes is open
Next Chance Financial Aid Applications due July 1
LSC Facilities are open only to designated employees and students with Face-to-Face classes
LSC Student Resources can be found here
Emergency Assistance Available Apply now for CARES Act assistance to help cover expenses related to disruptions due to COVID-19
Welcome to Lone Star College-CyFair!
To help with your transition to our college, LSC-CyFair offers New Student Orientation sessions throughout the year. These sessions give incoming college students an opportunity to learn about Lone Star College, connect with peers, staff & faculty, as well as meet with an Academic Advisor to get put on the right pathway for college success. If students attend Orientation while class enrollment is open, they will also get hands-on enrollment assistance from our Enrollment staff. Orientation is the last step before college registration, so all prior admission steps must be completed before students can attend an Orientation session.
Updated - How to Register for Orientation:
During the ongoing response to the COVID-19 Corona Virus, we are streamlining our Orientation procedures to provide Online Orientation for all interested students in two convenient methods.
We are hosting Orientation101 LIVE sessions as part of our daily Virtual College101 series, where we are connecting with future college students LIVE every day! Orientation101 will be @3pm on the first day of the week, EVERY WEEK, so you will always have a chance to get your New Student Orientation credit alongside other future Lone Star College students! CLICK HERE to RSVP for an upcoming Orientation101 LIVE session! Summer Orientation101 Live Sessions:
June 1 • June 8 • June 15 • June 22 • June 29 • July 6 • July 13 • July 20 • July 27 • August 3 • August 10
To get access to an on-demand private Online Orientation, text ONLINE to 855.909.0680 to get your individual access link. Complete the modules and the Pre-Advising Survey at the end to get connected with your Advisor before class registration! You can do this from home, at any time, and on any device with moderate internet connection. You can also Email Us with your name, Lone Star Student ID number, and a callback number so we can manually give you access.
Get College Placement before you can meet with Advisors
How To Get College Placement:
High School Transcript:
The TSI test had been the most common method, but due to COVID-19 closures, students can use their senior level high school courses for placement with their high school transcript upon graduation! We have information below in case you've already completed the TSI or other testing, or would like to take Placement Testing. It is a big priority for recent high school graduates to get their official high school transcript sent to Registrar@LoneStar.edu to satisfy College Placement:
Note: High school transcripts are valid for 5 years
You can register to take the TSI Placement Test at our Testing Center and we are facilitating remote testing during COVID-19 closures. Remember, for College Placement the Math, Reading & Writing sections are required. You can submit previous test scores to CF-TestingCenter@LoneStar.edu or use www.bit.ly/getmytsiscores if you took the TSI elsewhere. Look at this chart to see if other testing might have exempted you from TSI:
Students are exempt from TSI Placement Testing with these scores (click chart for full view):
Visit Transcripts to submit your previous college credit from another school which could also exempt you from having to take the TSI placement test. Some programs may not requires College Placement like Level 1 Work-Force Certificates, so if you fall in this category, please consult with your Academic Advisor before testing @ LSCCFAdvising@LoneStar.edu.
Students Exempt from Orientation:
• Continuing Education students (non-credit programs) -Consult an Advisor for incoming college student information
• Dual Credit students who are not graduating high school within a semester
-High school students are only required to attend Orientation once they are ready to enter college
• Students who have attended college previously and have credit to transfer -Submit your official college transcript to CyFair Admissions Counter in CASA or visit Transcripts for more information
• Students accepted into another college for a future semester, but would like to enroll in the current semester at LSC-CyFair -Submit your College Acceptance letter to CyFair Admissions Counter in CASA or Email Us
Students Allowed Online Orientation:
• During the ongoing response to the COVID-19 Corona Virus, ALL students are allowed access to Online Orientation. Simply text ONLINE to 855.909.0680 for access.
• Students planning to take 100% of their classes Online
• Students who live outside LoneStar's main service districts -Out-of-State residents; Katy, Lamar Consolidated, Alief, Fort Bend, Spring Branch, & Houston ISD residents are examples of residents allowed Online Orientation access
• Students planning to take classes at another college in the following semester -Email Us your College Acceptance letter and our team will process your request
• Students with special transportation or ADA needs that might require Online Orientation
For Online Orientation, Email Us or text ONLINE to 855.909.0680
Previously - How to Register for Orientation:
There are three ways students can register for Orientation and registration is only official when the student receives a confirmation text or email. If an Orientation session reaches capacity, we will update our calendar here to notate that Orientation session as closed. All Orientation Pre-Requisites must be completed before students can attempt to register for Orientation.
• Log-in to myLoneStar > select the Applicant tile > choose New Student Orientation on your Applicant Checklist and follow the prompt in the green box to register, cancel, or reschedule an upcoming Orientation session. -myLoneStar requests are processed immediately
• Text ORIENTATION to 855.909.0680 and follow the prompt to submit your Orientation session request -Text requests are processed within 1 business day
• Email Us with your name, Lone Star Student ID number, and the New Student Orientation session(s) you'd like to attend -Email requests are processed within 2 business days
Notes & Scheduling:
• Late arrivals must reschedule their Orientation session - NO EXCEPTIONS
• Students must schedule their Orientation at least 1 business day before their desired session and receive confirmation in order to attend
• The "Student Success Course" & "New Student Orientation" holds are allowed for Orientation attendees -Email Admissions, call 281.290.3200, or visit our CASA Admissions Counter to resolve other holds
• Due to limited seating, we can only guarantee space for registered students. However, parents or guardians are required to attend alongside students under 17 years old
• If the student is under 18 years old, a parent or guardian will need to sign the Parental Consent form and we will process it during Orientation check-in or students can Email Us the completed form before the Orientation session
Click the flyer to request access via Email:
Curious if an Orientation session is open or full?