Financial Aid Event
Financial Aid Scholarships Workshop
Wednesday September 27, 11 a.m. Ė 2 p.m. at any campus
The spring Lone Star College Foundation scholarship application is now available! The Financial Aid Office is hosting a scholarships workshop to assist students with submitting the application and required documents. Our experts will provide guidance and support to help improve your chances of being offered a scholarship for spring 2024.
What to Expect
Computer lab access with Financial Aid advisors to walk you through the process of submitting the LSC Foundation Scholarship application.
What to Bring
- High school or most recent college transcript
- List of clubs, awards, and/or extracurricular activities
- Answers to the following essay questions:
- Please tell us a little about yourself. Include family, background, previous education, hobbies, interests, etc.
- What one accomplishment are you most proud of (personal or academic) and why?
- Field of specialization or major: Why have you chosen this field of specialization or major? What influenced you in selecting your intended major of study and what goal(s) have you set for the future?
- What makes you stand out from every other scholarship applicant?
What Can We Do For You?
Lone Star College gives students a pathway to high quality higher education that is close to home and affordable. We are accredited the same as universities so the credits you earn transfer while also saving money. (LSC Tuition).
More than half of college graduates earn credit at a community college like LSC (2019, NSF). Studies show that students who complete their first two years of higher education at a community college like Lone Star College and then transfer to a four-year institution are more likely to graduate with a bachelorís degree than those who actually begin their college careers at a four-year university (2019, Jack Kent Cooke).
LSC offers many academic transfer degrees to help students launch successful careers. Students can also learn about the Honorís College at LSC which offers high-achieving students the opportunity to graduate with Honors distinction. LSC also offers GED® classes for students to gain a high school equivalency diploma to apply to college, start training, or get a better job (LSC Programs).
Attending or know someone else that should attend? Share now:
We're Close to Home
View LSC Campuses in a larger map
CASA Room 105
9191 Barker Cypress Road
Cypress, TX 77433
LSC-Houston North Victory
4141 Victory Dr.
Houston, Texas 77088
LIB 118/120 in the Learning Commons
20000 Kingwood Drive
Kingwood, TX 77339
Maverick Student Center, Room "MSC-Commons"
3200 College Park Drive
Conroe, TX 77384
Student Services Building Commons
2700 W.W. Thorne Drive
Houston, TX 77073
South Building, Room 114
30555 Tomball Parkway
Tomball, TX 77375
Building 12, Room 223A
Houston, TX 77070