LSC-University Park Music Department
Lone Star College-University Park offers students an affordable way to take dozens of music classes, taught by internationally recognized faculty. Students can pursue an Associate of Arts degree in music, take courses before transferring to university or take general music courses.
Satisfy the core creative arts requirement with in-person or online courses:
- Appreciating Music (MUSI 1306) – Including a Special "Music at the Movies" Section
- Music Literature (MUSI 1307)
- American Music (MUSI 1310)
Train and Perform:
Work toward your Associate of Arts degree in music with:
- Music Theory I-IV
- Ear Training & Sight Singing I-IV
- Class Piano I-IV
- Music Literature
- Performance Ensembles (MUEN)
- Private Voice, Instrumental, and Composition Lessons (MUAP)
Beginning musicians can also take introductory classes with no audition required:
- Class Piano I (MUSI 1181)
- Class Voice (MUSI 1183)
- Percussion Class (MUSI 1188)
- Class Guitar (MUSI 1192)
- Fundamentals of Music (MUSI 1303)
Advanced musicians can take specialty courses, including:
- Professional Development for Musicians (MUSC 1191) – a music industry class
- International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) for Singers (MUSI 1161)
View the Department Brochure or the Music Degree Planning Checklist by clicking the images below
Area-Specific Course Offerings
Click on the flyer you'd like to review to learn more about majoring in music, vocal and choral studies, or studying strings, winds, brass, percussion and drum set, piano, guitar, composition, or theory.
Jonathan Anderson, M.M.
Dean of Instruction
Office: B12.115 H
Aaron Alon, D.M.A.
Director of Music, Professor of Music