Fall tutoring will begin, Tuesday, August 29, 2016
The Math Center offers individualized help to students in transitional math. Students are able to work on their assignments during the regular hours of the Math Center.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||10:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday||10:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||10:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Thursday||10:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Friday||10:00 AM - 3:30 PM|
NOTE: Tutors for Transitional Math are available in the open tutoring area during ASC hours.
Located in LRNC 205, our Math Center will help you build your foundations of math.
We have both professional and peer tutors for our students. To find out the current tutoring schedule for the Math Center, visit the Tutoring Area or call 281.290.3279.
- Students should bring any textbooks, lecture notes, and assignments when meeting with a tutor.
- Students should attempt solving a problem on their own before seeking assistance.
- Reading the chapter prior to the session will result in a more productive session.
- Formula Sheets
Tutor on the Go
Tutoring for Math, Chemistry, and Physics
Located in the Health Science Bldg. 1 (second floor) & 2
Group Tutorials Schedule
Please visit us for the Fall 2016 semester schedule TBA.
These video tutorials were created by math faculty and tutors. Additionally, they also demonstrate how to use your TI-83, TI-83 Plus, and/or TI-84.
MATH 0306: Pre-Algebra
- Decimal Place Value
- Order of Operations
- Word Problems
- Plotting Points
MATH 0308: Introductory Algebra
- Slide and Divide Method
- Factoring Sum/Difference of Two Perfect Cubes
- Difference of Two Perfect Squares
- Quadratic Equations
MATH 0310: Intermediate Algebra
- Graphing Lines
- Solving Rational Equations
- Solving Equations with Fractions
- Simplifying Rational Expressions (Part 1)
- Simplifying Rational Expressions (Part 2)
- Parallel and Perpendicular Lines
LSC - CyFair Transitional Mathematics Department
The Transitional Mathematics Department at LSC-CyFair is dedicated to helping students acquire the necessary mathematical skills needed to meet prerequisite requirements for degrees/certificates and to be successful in college level mathematics courses. For more information, click here.
The Academic Success Center presents student success seminars, TSI review sessions, exam jams, and other learning activities. Please see the campus closed-circuit TV, your instructor, and campus bulletin boards for times, dates, and locations of these events.
Academic Success Center
Learning Commons / Library
9191 Barker Cypress Rd
Cypress, TX 77433