The Math Center offers individualized help to students in transitional math. Students are able to work on their assignments during the regular hours of the Math Center.
Hours of Operation
Saturday & Sunday: CLOSED
NOTE: Tutors for Transitional Math are available in the open tutoring area during ASC hours.
Located in LRNC 205, our Math Center will help you build your foundations of math.
We have both professional and peer tutors for our students. To find out the current tutoring schedule for the Math Center, visit the Tutoring Area or call 281.290.3279.
- Students should bring any textbooks, lecture notes, and assignments when meeting with a tutor.
- Students should attempt solving a problem on their own before seeking assistance.
- Reading the chapter prior to the session will result in a more productive session.
- Formula Sheets
These video tutorials were created by math faculty and tutors. Additionally, they also demonstrate how to use your TI-83, TI-83 Plus, and/or TI-84.
- Absolute Value
- Graphing an Equation
- Solving a system of equations
- Combinations and Permutations
- Probability & Statistics
- STAT PLOT
- Solving a system of two linear equations and problem-solving
- Solving a system of two linear inequalities
- Factoring Sum/Difference of Two Perfect Cubes
- Difference of Two Perfect Squares
- Vertex of a Parabola
- Slide and Divide Method
- Find the Slope Given Two Points
The Academic Success Center at LSC-CyFair offers appointment-based online tutoring to all LSC-Cyfair students enrolled in transitional math and college algebra. You can schedule one-on-one sessions and access from anywhere. All sessions will be saved and recorded for review. Your LSC-CyFair tutors are only a few clicks away, get started today! For more information please contact Luis Molina at 281.290.5239 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For help getting started please refer to the following videos.
Group Tutorials Schedule
All Spring 2015 Math Review Sessions will be held in LRNC 205.
Exponentials and Logarithms
April 21 5:00pm-7:00pm
April 23 5:00pm-7:00pm
Review of Equations and Inequalities
April 28 5:00pm-7:00pm
Systems and Matrices
April 30 5:00pm-7:00pm
Review for College Algebra Final
May 4 5pm-7pm
May 5 5pm-7pm
Please have questions prepared before attending
The Academic Success Center presents student success seminars, TSI review sessions, exam jams, and other learning activities. Please see the campus closed-circuit TV, your instructor, and campus bulletin boards for times, dates, and locations of these events.
Academic Success Center
Learning Commons / Library
9191 Barker Cypress Rd
Cypress, TX 77433