The Parent and Family Academy at Lone Star College-Tomball is a college preparation program for parents and family members of future and incoming LSC-Tomball Timberwolves. We believe the earlier a student and their family begin to prepare and understand the college process, the better transition a student will have.
The Parent and Family Academy programming components include:
- Students Matter: How to Support your First Generation College Student
- Inspire Excellence: Combining Interests with Appropriate Academic Major
- Act Intentionally: Developing a Strategic Plan for High School and Beyond
- Better Together: Parents and LSC-Tomball Partners in Student Success
- No Fear: Demystifying How to Pay for College
- Trust: Letting Students Grow While Providing Support
The Center for Leadership, Academic and Student Success is committed to engaging and educating our local community on how to support future and current college students. All programming will be available in English and Spanish. We invite local ISD's, churches, companies, etc interested in having CLASS staff present complete the following form: Presentation Request Form
Parent Academy Summer Schedule (PDF)
Location:Harris County Public Library- Tomball?
- Tuesday, June 19 – Act Intentionally: Developing a Strategic Plan for High School and Beyond
- Wednesday, July 18 – No Fear: Demystifying How to Pay for College
- Thursday, August 2 – Inspire Excellence: Combining Interests with Appropriate Academic Major