We ask that each department designate ONE professional staff or faculty member to act as the client contact for all projects and that they fill in a work request. If you have any questions please contact Christina Robinson-Grochett.
This individual will have the authority and responsibility to:
- Open new jobs;
- Direct the job through approvals needed within the department and/or division;
- Coordinate jobs needed to be done by other department members;
- Have final "say" in projects and sign off on them prior to production.
The Office of College Relations is responsible for ensuring consistency of style in all information that reaches the public. We will work with you through the editorial process, and return the manuscript to you for final corrections and proofing. The design and print process begins with final copy, so when planning a publication, please include sufficient time for the editorial process.
In general, new brochures take two weeks from final approval to delivery. Complex projects, such as four-color printing, large number of pages, etc., may take longer. We will set up a production schedule for your individual project; in general most printing schedules are as follows:
- Digital Printing: 3-5 days
- Offset Printing: 10 days
- Full Color Brochures: 10 days
- Posters & Postcards: 10 days
- Flyers: 3-4 days
- Digital Color Banners: 5 days
To help us serve you better, please ask yourself the following questions before contacting our office:
- What is the purpose of the publication?
- Who is the audience?
- How will the publication be used?
- How many copies are needed?
- What type of budget do I have to work with?
- Do I have artwork or photos that need to be supplied?
Please note that copy must be submitted electronically. Design work will not begin until all materials are in our hands. Please keep in mind, excessive proofs or extensive changes will cause a delay in the production schedule. All jobs must conform to LSCS Graphic and Style Guide Standards.
Final copy proofing is the responsibility of the client. ALL PROJECTS MUST HAVE FINAL APPROVAL OF YOUR DIVISION DEAN AND/OR DEPARTMENT CHAIR. Printing will not begin until these approvals are obtained.
Original artwork and project-related photography can also be produced by the Office of College Relations.