LSC-CyFair Winter Mini Mester 2017
Winter Mini-Mester is almost here! Be sure to check out the details below and start registering for your Winter Mini classes!
The following is helpful information for enrolling in the Winter Mini-Mester.
Registration for the Winter Mini-Mester begins November 15, 2017.
Classes begin on December 18, 2017.
Winter Mini-Mester 2017 Calendar
|Registration Begins for Winter Mini-Term||November 15|
|Thanksgiving Holiday (Offices Closed)||November 22-26|
|Payment Due Winter Mini-Term||December 8|
|Final Exams||December 11-17|
|Winter Holidays (Offices Closed)||December 21- January 3|
|Winter Mini-Term (3 week)||December 18- January 7|
|Winter Mini-Term (4 week)||December 18- January 14|
|Winter Holidays for Mini-Term||December 25 and January 1|
Check online for additional information including times, availability and campus locations (LSC-CyFair, LSC-Fairbanks Center, and LSC-Cypress Center).
Click here to download the list of classes for Winter-Mini 2017.
Winter Mini-Mester (3-Week) Face to Face Classes
|ENGL||1301||Comp & Rhetoric I|
|ENGL||1302||Comp & Rhetoric II|
|FIRT||1291||ST Fire Arson Investigation 3|
Winter Mini-Mester (3-Week) Online Classes
|CRIJ||1301||Intro Crim Justice|
|ENGL||1301||Comp & Rhetoric I|
|ENGL||1302||Comp & Rhetoric II|
|GEOG||1303||World Regional Geography|
|HIST||1301||US History to 1877|
|HIST||1302||US History Since 1877|
|HIST||2311||Western Civilization 1648|
|HUMA||1301||HUMA I: Prehistory to Gothic|
|PHIL||1301||Intro to Phil|
|SOCI||1301||Prin of Sociology|
|SPCH||1311||Intro to Communication|
Winter Mini-Mester (4-Week) Online Classes
|ACCT||2401||Prin. of Financial Accounting|
|ACCT||2402||Prin. of Managerial Accounting|
|BCIS||1305||Business Computer Apps|
|COSC||1301||Introduction to Computers|
|EDUC||1300||Learning Framework: 1st Yr. Exp.|
|PHED||1165||Intro Physical Fitness & Wellness|
Are you pressured by Mini-Mester course assignments? Tutoring offered by the Academic Success Center can help!
Mini-Mester Tutoring Hours:
Monday - Friday 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Academic Success Center-Open on days when the Library is open.
2nd Floor of LRNC (Library)
Library hours can be found here.
The LSC Cy-FAir campus bookstore will be open on the following days over Winter Mini-Mester.
|Monday to Thursday||8:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am - 2:00 pm|
|Saturday and Sunday||Closed|
The LSC Cy-Fair campus bookstore will follow the hours outlined here.
- Click here for more information about Financial Aid.
- You must have a completed 2017-2018 financial aid file to establish eligibility.
- Transient students will not be eligible for Mini-Mester aid.
- You must be making satisfactory academic progress. Click here to view the written standards.
- If you are awarded financial aid for Spring 2018, your Mini-Mester charges will be applied to your Spring 2018 semester charges. Please note: If you are not meeting SAP your aid may be cancelled and your will be responsible for payment.
Transfer and transient students will be required to submit official transcript(s) from all colleges or universities previously attended. However, students may be allowed to register using unofficial transcripts by signing a transcript waiver. See Registration for more information.
Official college transcripts may be:
- Brought in to the campus in the original sealed envelope.
- Sent electronically via the SPEEDE system.
- E-mailed as a secured PDF directly from the institution to StudentRecords@LoneStar.edu.
- Mailed to admissions at:
ATT: Student Records
Lone Star College Student Records
20515 SH 249- UP 1104
Houston, TX 77070
Lone Star College-CyFair encourages all students to participate in academic advisement throughout their tenure here. The Academic Advisement process includes meeting with an academic advisor to choose courses, discuss course transferability and make appropriate decisions concerning students’ academic goals.
The Counseling Services staff is available year round to guide students in their career choices and many other aspects that concern student development.
Once students are ready to register, they are able to search and register for open classes through their myLoneStar account.
Students who are having difficulty registering online may also E-mail their request for registration to CyFair.Registration@LoneStar.edu from your myLoneStar student E-mail account. In this E-mail you must include your full name, Student ID number and the class information for the specific classes you would like to add. The class information should consist of the Course Number, Course Subject, Section Number and Class Number.
Transfer and transient students will be required to submit official transcript from all colleges or universities previously attended. However, students may be allowed to register using unofficial transcripts by signing a transcript waiver.
The transcript waiver may be downloaded here. Once completed, the waiver and a student’s unofficial transcripts may be sent via E-mail to CyFair.Registration@LoneStar.edu, from the student’s myLoneStar E-mail account.
View the detailed registration schedule on the Academic Calendar.
*Students are responsible for paying charges by the payment due date. Students not paying by the payment due date may be dropped from their classes.
Students may visit the Admissions and Records counter in CASA to drop a class or drop electronically. Students are able to drop a class electronically using the CyFair.Registration@lonestar.edu email address from their MyLoneStar email account. Students must include:
- Full Name
- Student ID Number
- Course Subject, Course Number, Section Number and Class Number of the class being dropped
An overload is defined as attempting more than 18 credit hours in the fall or spring terms. An overload during any term must be approved by the academic vice president or designee. A student may take only one course during the Mini-Mester.
Download the Overload Request form.
Mini-Mester Testing Hours - TBD
Check website for updates here.
The CyFair location will be the only location offering testing services during the Mini-Mester. Fairbanks Center and Cypress Center will be CLOSED for the Mini-Mester.
Walk-in testing for TSI and Classroom testing only. All other exams are by appointment only. Please call ahead for an appointment. PHOTO ID Required.
Cy-Fair Assesment Center
Payment for the Winter Mini-Mester tuition and fees is due in FULL by December 8, 2017. After this date, payment is due upon registration. Mini-Mester classes are NOT eligible for a payment plan. For more information, visit our Tuition page.
By registering for classes at Lone Star College, students acknowledge and agree to Lone Star College System's Financial Responsibility Agreement, available here.
|Credit Hours||Resident of District1||Out-of-District2||International/Out-of-State3|
- Resident of district: Includes tuition at the rate of $44 per credit hour, a $11 per credit hour technology fee, a $2 per credit hour student activity fee, a $7 per credit hour general use fee, a registration fee of $12 and a facility use fee of $20. Applies to U.S. citizens who are residents of Aldine, Conroe, Cy-Fair, Humble, Klein, Magnolia, New Caney, Splendora, Spring, Tomball and Willis Independent School Districts.
- Out-of-district: Applies to U.S. citizens who are residents of Texas but do not reside in the college district. Includes the same tuition and fees as in-district students, plus a $75 per credit hour out-of-district fee.
- International/Out-of-state: Applies to all other students. By legislative action the tuition may not be less than $200 (minimum tuition). Includes the same tuition and fees as in-district students, plus an $90 per credit hour international/out-of-state fee.