LSC-Kingwood Dental Hygiene
The mission of the dental hygiene program is to produce competent graduates whose technical skills, acumen and interpersonal communication skills make them an asset to any employer and the community.
The philosophy of the dental hygiene program is to provide a learning environment that allows students to develop to the full extent of their ability, succeed in a competitive work environment and provide a service to the community.
The goals of the dental hygiene program are to:
- Facilitate the development of entry level dental hygienists who possess comprehensive knowledge and skills to render competent professional dental hygiene patient care to the public.
- Apply the legal and ethical standards of the practice of dental hygiene.
- Develop the ability to critically evaluate scientific literature for use in providing evidence based dental hygiene care.
- Exemplify the role of the dental hygienist in the community through clinical enrichment experiences and volunteer activities.
- Teach students to seek lifelong learning through continuing education courses on the latest developments in dentistry and medicine.
- Foster a commitment of professional development through an active role in professional associations.
The Dental Hygiene Program is approved by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. The program in dental hygiene is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation and has been granted the accreditation status of “approval without reporting requirements.” The Commission is a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education. The Commission on Dental Accreditation can be contacted at 312-440-4653 or at 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611.
The Lone Star College-Kingwood Dental Hygiene Program is housed in the Health Science Building on the beautiful Lone Star College-Kingwood campus. The Dental Hygiene Program is located on the first floor of the building with a state of the art dental hygiene clinic and laboratory facilities. Students receive instruction in hand and ultrasonic instrumentation, fluorides, non-surgical periodontal therapy, oral hygiene instructional education, traditional and digital radiography, current uses of dental materials and dental software technology within the dental setting.
Attend a Dental Hygiene Information Session to find out more
Dental Hygiene Information sessions are held in the Health & Science Building, Room 107 @ 5:00 pm (unless otherwise stated)
Dates for 2012-2013 Information Sessions
- November 19, 2013 in HSB 107 at 5PM
- (No December session)
- January 21, 2014 in HSB 107 at 5PM
- February 18, 2014 in HSB 107 at 5PM
- (No March session)
- April 15, 2014 in HSB 107 at 5PM
- May 20, 2014 in HSB 107 at 5PM
- (No June, July session)
- August 19, 2014 in HSB 107 at 5PM
- September 16, 2014 in HSB 107 at 5 PM
- October 21, 2014 in HSB 107 at 5PM
- November 18, 2014 in HSB 107 at 5PM
We have made every effort to provide all the information you'll need about the LSC-Kingwood Dental Hygiene program. However, if you do not find the information you need in this Web site, please contact:
Dental Hygiene Program Director
Office: HSB 118 E