Apply for Dual Credit
How to Apply and Register
To apply for a dual credit class, students will need to meet the necessary student eligibility requirements and then submit the following to the campus admissions office prior to or when registering:
- Complete the LSCS college admissions application;
- Review test preparation resources for the placement exam if needed.
- Take an approved placement assessment.
- Meet with your high school counselor or an academic advisor to determine if your scores permit you to take college level coursework through the dual credit program.
- Submit qualifying placement scores to meet any required course prerequisites. Please see the placement scores table on the Student Eligibility page.
- Meet TSI requirements. Please read our student eligibility criteria for additional information.
- Complete and submit the Exceptional Admissions form signed by student, parents and high school principal or designee with the college classes and high school classes being taken for dual credit.
- Students may want to additionally complete the Authorization to Release Student Information form.
Students younger than 16 years of age must receive approval for Exceptional Admission by the following criteria:
- Students must meet TSI requirements in the areas that are applicable to the courses that the student wishes to enroll in and have the course prerequisites.
- Parent (or designated responsible adult) agrees to be available at the campus location to monitor the student's activities outside of class while on a Lone Star College campus and to be immediately available in case of an emergency.
Students will need to see their high school counselor for additional details regarding how to register for dual credit courses.
Tuition & Fees
Effective Fall 2009, tuition costs for in-district dual credit students are waived 100% (not including fees and textbooks). Additional fees will apply for international and out-of-district students.
For tuition and fees for LSC Dual Credit, please contact an advisor.
Initial placement exam costs are waived for any dual credit students testing at any LSCS campus. Retests are $10 per section.
Textbooks & Supplies
Students are responsible for purchasing textbooks required for the course. Text and materials will be available through the college bookstores. Book costs vary each semester as do the selection of textbooks that instructors choose for the course. Payment for textbooks is made separate from tuition/fees. Students are advised to check with their home high school campus for potential options regarding the purchase of dual credit textbooks.
Visit LSC bookstores>>
Dual Credit Registration
Last Day to Register for Spring 2015 Courses
|Download the Dual Credit Brochure|
|Download the Student Handbook|
|Download the Code of Conduct|
|Download the Registration Guide|
Contact an Advisor