Apply for Dual Credit
How to Apply
To apply for a dual credit class, students will need to meet the necessary student eligibility requirements and then submit the following to the campus admissions office prior to or when registering:
- Talk to your high school counselor for approval before proceeding.
- Apply for Admission to Lone Star College
- Review TSI requirements for dual credit students
- If not TSI exempt, complete the TSIA pre-assessment activity through your myLoneStar new student checklist. This is a state requirement that must be completed before being allowed to take the TSI assessment
- Review areas where you are weak before taking the TSI Assessment
- Take the TSI Assessment and meet with a College Counselor or College Connections Advisor to review TSI scores. Retest as necessary.
- Satisfy Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination Requirement (if taking classes on Lone Star Campus)
Students attending classes on the Lone Star College campus are required to provide documentation regarding their bacterial meningitis vaccination. The State of Texas requires that students attending classes at a public college or university must have a current bacterial meningitis vaccination (not older than 5 years). Lone Star College partners with Magnus Health to submit documentation of bacterial meningitis records for approval. There are also procedures in place for those students who have a medical reason that prevents them from obtaining the vaccination or a conscientious objection to obtaining the vaccination.
- Complete Dual Credit/Exceptional Admissions Course Approval Form and submit payment.
- Obtain your Free Student ID Card and Parking pass (if driving to campus)
Textbooks & Supplies
Students are responsible for purchasing textbooks required for the course. Text and materials will be available through the college bookstores. Book costs vary each semester as do the selection of textbooks that instructors choose for the course. Payment for textbooks is made separate from tuition/fees. Students are advised to check with their home high school campus for potential options regarding the purchase of dual credit textbooks.
Visit LSC bookstores>>
For more information about the enrollment process and being admitted to the dual credit program, please email or call the appropriate campus contact.
Dual Credit Registration
Dual Credit Registration (ISD, Charter, and Private Schools) for Summer and Fall 2018:
Deadline is June 1, 2018 - please see your High School counselor for more information
Dual Credit Registration (Homeschool) for Summer and Fall 2018:
Please see your Dual Credit Representative on campus