Financial Aid FAQs
Applying for Financial Aid
- What is the FAFSA?
- Do I have to apply for financial aid every year?
- What happens after I complete the FAFSA?
- Can I still apply if I missed the deadline?
- Do I need to submit copies of my family's federal tax returns to the financial aid office?
- Do I need to be admitted before I can apply for financial aid?
- What is the IRS Data Retrieval Tool?
Dependency Status (Dependent vs Independent)
- How do I know if I am independent or dependent?
- My parents did not claim me on their tax returns this year, Can I file my FAFSA as an “independent student?
- My parents will no longer help me with school. How can I change my status to “independent”?
- What if my family circumstances change after I apply?
- How will an outside scholarship affect my financial aid award?
- Can I receive financial aid at more than one school at a time?
Disbursements and Refunds
- Why do I have to repay a Federal Stafford Loan?
- What are loan fees?
- Is my loan affected by my grades?
- If I only want to apply for a loan why do I have to complete the FAFSA?
- What is the minimum number of credit hours in which I have to be enrolled to receive Federal Stafford Loans?
- Can I get the loan disbursement before classes start?
- If the first disbursement isn't released until the 30th day after the start of classes am I responsible for paying for classes up front?
- What is the interest rate for my Direct loan?
- What type of repayment incentives are offered by the Department of Education?
- When will my Direct Subsidized Loan begin to accrue interest?
- What are by repayment options?
Financial Aid Contact Center
Mon-Fri: 7:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.