May 11, 2013 Election For The Lone Star College System Board Of Trustees and Bond
Procedures for Filing for Board of Trustee Positions Election, May 11, 2013
- Applications will be accepted in the Chancellorís Office at 5000 Research Forest Drive, The Woodlands beginning Wednesday, January 30, 2013 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. A filing fee of $200 or a petition signed by 200 registered voters is due at the time the application is filed. Deadline for filing is Friday, March 1, 2013 at 5:00 p.m.
- Read and complete the Application, sign and have notarized, and file with the Chancellorís office.
- The $200 filing fee will be accepted in the form of cash, certified check, money order or credit card. No personal checks will be accepted.
- The petition will be verified in accordance with Election code requirements found in Sections 141.062 and 141.063.
- Candidates must name a treasurer before accepting or expending campaign funds. Please note that the filing fee is considered a campaign expense. Candidates may also name a campaign manager, but a designated treasurer is required.
- Drawing for placement on ballot is scheduled for March 4, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. in the Chancellorís office. Candidates will be asked to sign a statement confirming the exact spelling of their names as it is to be printed on the ballot.
- First Campaign Expenditure Report is due Thursday, April 11, 2013 by 5:00 p.m. in the Chancellorís office.
- Second Campaign Expenditure Report is due Friday, May 3, 2013 by 5:00 p.m. in the Chancellorís office.
- Third and final Campaign Expenditure Report is filed when the candidate does not expect to accept any further campaign contributions or make or authorize any further campaign expenditures. There is not an established reporting deadline for filing this report.