Procedures for Filing
Procedures for Filing for Board of Trustee District 1, 2, 8
Election, November 6, 2018
- Applications will be accepted in the Chancellor’s Office at 5000 Research Forest Drive, The Woodlands beginning Monday, July 23, 2018 through Monday, August 20, 2018 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Please note that the office is closed on Friday, July 27, Friday, August 3 and Friday, August 10. A filing fee of $200 or a petition signed by 200 registered voters (residents of the district for which the candidate is filing) is due at the time the application is filed. Deadline for filing is Monday, August 20, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
- Read and complete the Application, sign and have notarized, and file with the Chancellor’s office.
- The $200 filing fee will be accepted in the form of cash, certified check, money order or credit card. No personal checks will be accepted.
- The petition will be verified in accordance with Election code requirements found in Sections 141.062 and 141.063.
- Candidates must name a treasurer before accepting or expending campaign funds. Please note that the filing fee is considered a campaign expense. Candidates may also name a campaign manager, but a designated treasurer is required.
- Drawing for placement on ballot is scheduled for Tuesday, August 21, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. at the Lone Star College System Office, Woodlands Leadership Building Room 133, 5000 Research Forest Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77381. Candidates will be asked to sign a statement confirming the exact spelling of their names as it is to be printed on the ballot.
- First Campaign Expenditure Report is due Monday, October 9, 2018 by 5:00 p.m. in the Chancellor’s office.
- Second Campaign Expenditure Report is due Monday, October 29, 2018 by 5:00 p.m. in the Chancellor’s office.
- Third and final Campaign Expenditure Report is filed when the candidate does not expect to accept any further campaign contributions or make or authorize any further campaign expenditures. There is not an established reporting deadline for filing this report.
Chief of Staff,