Research Databases: Literature
- Literature Resource Center (LSCS Libraries)
(Gale Cengage Learning) Includes journal articles, critical essays, work overviews & summaries, and author biographies.
- Literary Reference Center
(EBSCO) Criticisms, synopses, and reviews of authors and their works, full text poems, short stories, and classic novels, as well as full text from over 400 literary journals.
- JSTOR (LSCS Libraries)
(JSTOR) Complete historical full text of all issues of peer-reviewed journals in a wide range of humanities and social science fields.
- Project MUSE (LSCS Libraries)
(Johns Hopkins University Press) Full text of 285 journals in literature, history, international/cultural studies and other humanities and social science fields.
- Academic Search Complete
(EBSCO) Multi-disciplinary database; full text of articles from over 5,300 journals, magazines and newspapers, plus image collections.
- Literary Sources
(Gale Cengage Learning) New search interface to access Gale Literature Resource Center, Twayne’s Authors Series, and Scribner Writers.
- Bloom's Literature
(Facts on File) Essays and criticism examining the lives of great authors and their works throughout history.
- Credo Reference
(Credo) Includes materials from over 650 reference books on a variety of topics in higher education, including art, business, history, languages, literature, science, criminal justice, and political science.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
(Gale Cengage Learning) Includes full-text, searchable reference sets in literature such as Short Stories for Students, Novels for Students, Poetry for Students, and Drama for Students.
- Contemporary Literary Criticism
(Gale Cengage Learning) Collection of critical essays on contemporary literature.
- Contemporary Authors
(Gale Cengage Learning) Biographies of over 100,000 novelists, poets, playwrights, journalists, and other writers of the 20th and 21st centuries.
- Dictionary of Literary Biography
(Gale Cengage Learning) Biographies of authors with bibliographies of their works.
- Twayne's Authors Series
(Gale Cengage Learning) Includes the content of the 600 books that make up Twayne's US Authors, English Authors and World Authors.
- Play Index
(EBSCO/H.W. Wilson) Thousands of plays and over 600 monologues written or translated since antiquity and published from 1949 to present.
- Short Story Index
(EBSCO/H.W. Wilson) Indexes some 117,000+ stories in over 4,200 collections and anthologies, including full text for almost 5,000 stories back to 1984.
- Twentieth Century American Poetry
(ProQuest/Chadwyck) Over 50,000 complete poems by over 300 different American poets since 1900.
- Twentieth Century English Poetry
(ProQuest/Chadwyck) Tens of thousands of complete poems by over 280 different English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, and Commonwealth poets since 1900.
- Academic Video Online: Premium
(Alexander Street Press) Full-length videos on various topics, documentaries, instructional materials and limited historical news reports.
- Films on Demand
(Films Media Group) High-quality, educational streaming video from companies such as Films for the Humanities, BBC, and PBS.
Find more ...
- Search the Library Catalog. Request any circulating items not in your local library using the "Place Hold" button. Login with your 14-digit library barcode number and PIN.
- Looking for a specific article? Search the Full Text Finder for newspaper, magazine, or journal titles.
- Search WorldCat to find books and articles from libraries worldwide, then apply at your local library for a TexShare card to borrow them directly or request specific books and articles through interlibrary loan.
Need more help?
Selected databases are funded, in part, through TexShare, a division of the Texas State Library and Archives Commission, utilizing grant funds provided by the US Institute of Museum and Library Services.