Research Databases: Business
For off-campus access, enter your fourteen digit library barcode number located on the back of your college ID/ library card. No college ID or library card? Request a college ID or library card barcode number.
- Business Source Complete
(EBSCO) Provides "journal and magazine full-text articles, financial data, case studies, industry reports, market research reports, company profiles, SWOT analyses and more."
- Business Abstracts with Full Text
(EBSCO/H.W. Wilson) Full-text for articles in close to 460 publications from 1982 to the present.
- Wall Street Journal
(ProQuest) Provides business news and information on financial markets worldwide. Comprehensive coverage from 1984 to present.
- Small Business Reference Center
(EBSCO) Features some 400 full-text periodicals, over 450 full-text reference books, videos, and business plans.
- Regional Business News
(EBSCO) Daily international newswires and regional business publications.
- ABI/Inform Complete (LSC-Montgomery)
(ProQuest) Current business information, from scholarly journals and dissertations, to company, industry and market focused trade news, with some historical coverage back to 1900.
- Sustainability Reference Center - New
(EBSCO) Provides full text for industry-leading journals, magazines, books, trade publications on sustainability initiative management.
- Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Reference Center - New
Full-text database designed to support continuity experts and information professionals. It covers all aspects of business continuity and disaster recovery (BC/DR), including risk evaluation, emergency preparedness and crisis communications.
- Fuente Académica Premier
Full text coverage (including PDF) for nearly 200 scholarly academic journals in the Spanish language.
- EBSCO eBook Collection
(EBSCO) Search complete electronic books. Set up a free account to download to your device.
- Ebook Central
(ProQuest) Over 100,000 ebook titles covering a full range of academic topics. General reference works are also included.
- Credo Reference
(Credo) Includes materials from over 650 reference books on a variety of topics in higher education, including art, business, history, languages, literature, science, criminal justice, and political science.
- Country Information Sites – free web
- Statistical Abstract of the U.S. (Online Edition)
Comprehensive summary of statistics about the United States population, industries and more. Browse broad subject categories or search to locate statistics or use as a guide to more information in print and on the internet. Sources include the United States government, as well as commercial publishers.
- Films on Demand
(Films Media Group) High-quality, educational streaming video from companies such as Films for the Humanities, BBC, and PBS. Browse a selection of Business & Economics videos.
- Academic Video Online: Premium
(Alexander Street Press) Full-length videos on various topics, documentaries, instructional materials and limited historical news reports.
(Kanopy) Classic cinema, independent films, and top documentaries in streaming video. Includes Media Education Foundation Collection.
- Houston Business Journal - free web
(American City Business Journals, Inc.) Local business news, industry news, and market intelligence for the Greater Houston area. Search back issues from 1996 to the present in their archives.
- Houston Chronicle - free web
(Hearst Communications Inc.) Access the electronic copy of today's Houston Chronicle
- Patent and Trademark Database - free web
(U.S. Patent & Trademark Office) United States patents, trademarks, abstracts, full-text and images available.
- ThomasNet® - free web
(Thomas Publishing Company) Includes Thomas Register® and Thomas Regional® and is a comprehensive online resource for finding companies and products manufactured in North America. Free registration is required to view company records.
- Yahoo! Finance incl. Historical Stock Prices - free web
(Commodity Systems, Inc. (CSI)/Hemscott Americas) Search for a company by name or ticker symbol. On the company's page, click "Historical Data" in the options row. Select a date range and specify daily, weekly, monthly or dividend information. View the resulting table and/or download it to a spreadsheet.
- Historical Stock Quotes-Big Charts - free web
(MarketWatch, Inc./Dow Jones & Company) Allows users to input a company's stock symbol and find high/low/closing stock prices for currently-traded companies from 1970 to the present.
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance - free web
(General Services Administration) Comprehensive listing of assistance programs administered by 57 Federal Agencies.
- Search the Library Catalog. Request any circulating items not in your local library using the "Place Hold" button. Login with your 14-digit library barcode number and PIN.
- Looking for a specific article? Search the Full Text Finder for newspaper, magazine, or journal titles.
- Search WorldCat to find books and articles from libraries worldwide, then apply at your local library for a TexShare card to borrow them directly or request specific books and articles through interlibrary loan.
Selected databases are funded, in part, through TexShare, a division of the Texas State Library and Archives Commission, utilizing grant funds provided by the US Institute of Museum and Library Services.