Research Databases: Video
For off-campus access, enter your 14-digit library barcode number located on the back of your college ID/ library card when prompted after clicking on a database link. No college ID or library card? Request a student ID or library card barcode number.
- Academic Video Online: Premium
(Alexander Street Press) Full-length videos on various topics, documentaries, instructional materials and limited historical news reports.
- Films on Demand
(Films Media Group) High-quality, educational streaming video from companies such as Films for the Humanities, BBC, and PBS.
(Kanopy) Classic cinema, independent films, and top documentaries in streaming video. Includes Media Education Foundation Collection.
- Nursing Education in Video
(Alexander Street Press) Videos created by Medcom-Trainex specifically for the education and training of nurses, nursing assistants, and other healthcare workers. Login to create a playlist to share or embed videos or static links to videos in online courses.
- Search the Library Catalog. Request any circulating items not in your local library using the "Place Hold" button. Login with your 14-digit library barcode number and PIN.
- Looking for a specific article? Search the Full Text Finder for newspaper, magazine, or journal titles.
- Search WorldCat to find books and articles from libraries worldwide, then apply at your local library for a TexShare card to borrow them directly or request specific books and articles through interlibrary loan.
Selected databases are funded, in part, through TexShare, a division of the Texas State Library and Archives Commission, utilizing grant funds provided by the US Institute of Museum and Library Services.