Research Guides - LSC-CyFair
Get Additional Research Help
- Apps & Tools for Student Success
- Dewey Decimal System
- Evaluating Information Checklist
- Go Behind the News - Books & More about Stories in the News
- Note Taking and Research: Why, How, and What? (PDF)
- Scholarly Journals vs. Popular Magazines
- Summarize, Paraphrase, and Quote: When and How? (PDF)
- What's Right, Wrong, and It Depends - Integrity & Ethics in the Classroom and Workplace Discussion
- Writing in Literature from Purdue University Online Writing Lab-OWL
- Zombies in the Library: How to Evaluate Information Interactive Tutorial
- APA Citation - In-Text & References Interactive Practice
- APA In-Text & References Color-Coded Help Guide (PDF)
- APA Style Guide – 6th ed. (PDF)
MLA 8th Edition - 2016
MLA Citation - 8th ed. - Works Cited & In-Text (revised 7 September 2016)
- MLA Citation - 8th ed. - Works Cited & In-Text Interactive Practice
- MLA Blank Worksheet - 8th ed. - Core Elements (revised 16 September 2016)
- MLA 7th and 8th Editions - Comparison Chart
- MLA Citation - 7th ed. - Works Cited & Parenthetical Interactive Practice
- MLA Citation - 7th ed. - Works Cited & Parenthetical Color-Coded Help Guide (PDF)
- MLA Style Guide – 7th ed. (PDF)
- MLA, APA, and CMOS (Chicago) - includes MLA 8th ed. examples (PDF)
- MLA, APA, and CMOS (Chicago) - includes MLA 7th ed. examples (PDF)
Format Research Papers
Find Faculty Support
- Advocate Academic Integrity with Your Syllabus and Assignments (PDF)
- Films on Demand - Faculty Guide (PDF) (revised 22 August 2016)
Questions? - Call, Text, Email, or Chat!
First Floor Reference: 281.290.3214
Second Floor Reference: 281.290.3219
Children's Reference: 281.290.3211
Real-Time Chat Online:
Use Subject Search Guides
Research Tips - LSC-CyFair
Tip #32: Meet the New 8th Edition of MLA Style for 2016!
Welcome to the 2016-17 academic year! Learn all about MLA 8th edition with research guides created by LSC-CyFair librarians! Discover how the style has changed from the 7th edition. Questions? Just ask a librarian via chat, text, email, phone, or the reference desk.
Submit Your Entry for the
Student Research Awards!
Win up to $500!