Research Guides - LSC-CyFair
- APA Citation - In-Text & References Interactive Practice
- APA In-Text & References Color-Coded Help Guide
- APA Style Guide - 6th Edition
- MLA Citation - 8th Edition - Works Cited & In-Text
- MLA Citation - 8th Edition - Works Cited & In-Text Interactive Practice
- MLA Blank Worksheet - 8th Edition - Core Elements
- MLA 7th and 8th Editions - Comparison Chart
- Works Cited Examples MLA 8th Edition - Career Sources
Chicago (CMOS) - 17th Edition
Notes and Bibliography Style
- Notes and Bibliography: Sample Citations (from Chicago Manual of Style - University of Chicago)
- Notes and Bibliography: Sample Paper (from Purdue University Online Writing Lab (OWL))
- Author-Date: Sample Citations (from Chicago Manual of Style - University of Chicago)
- Author-Date: Sample Paper (from Purdue University Online Writing Lab (OWL))
Comparison Chart & Citation Generator
- MLA, APA, and CMOS (Chicago) - includes MLA 8th ed. examples
- KnightCite Citation Service from Calvin College
Format Research Papers
Get Additional Research Help
- Apps & Tools for Student Success
- Avoiding Plagiarism FAQ
- Dewey Decimal System
- Effectively Using Direct Quotations from the University of Richmond Writing Center
- Evaluating Information Checklist
- Go Behind the News - Books & More about Stories in the News
- Note Taking and Research: Why, How, and What?
- Reading Journal Articles from The College at Brockport (SUNY) Department of Sociology
- Scholarly Journals vs. Popular Magazines
- Summarize, Paraphrase, and Quote: When and How?
- What's Right, Wrong, and It Depends - Integrity & Ethics in the Classroom and Workplace
- Writing in Literature from Purdue University Online Writing Lab-OWL
- Zombies in the Library: How to Evaluate Information Interactive Tutorial
Find Faculty Support
Questions? - Call, Text, Email, or Chat!Call:
First Floor Reference: 281.290.3214
Second Floor Reference: 281.290.3219
Children's Reference: 281.290.3211
Real-Time Chat Online:
Use Subject Search Guides
Research Tips - LSC-CyFair
Tip #37: Escape the Wikipedia Habit!
If you and your professors are dissatisfied with Wikipedia topic overviews, try Credo research database available in the library or off campus with your LSCS ID barcode! Find quality reference sources on historical and contemporary topics in this valuable resource!
Submit Your Entry for the
Student Research Awards!
Win up to $500!