Research Guides - LSC-CyFair
Where Do I Start Searching? Try Research Coach.
Find Additional Research Help
- Apps & Tools for Student Success
- Dewey Decimal System
- Evaluating Information Checklist
- Go Behind the News - Books & More about Stories in the News
- Note Taking and Research: Why, How, and What? (PDF)
- Scholarly Journals vs. Popular Magazines
- Summarize, Paraphrase, and Quote: When and How? (PDF)
- What's Right, Wrong, and It Depends - Integrity & Ethics in the Classroom and Workplace Discussion
- Writing in Literature from Purdue University Online Writing Lab-OWL
Citing Sources - Quick Guides
- APA Style Guide – 6th ed. (PDF)
- MLA Style Guide – 7th ed. (PDF)
- MLA Citation Parenthetical & Works Cited Interactive Practice
- MLA Parenthetical & Works Cited Color-Coded Help Guide (PDF)
- MLA, APA, and CMOS (Chicago) Comparison (PDF)
- Advocate Academic Integrity with Your Syllabus and Assignments (PDF)
- Films on Demand - Faculty Guide (PDF)
Get Expert Research Help
Fall Deadline: December 14!
Submit Your Entry for theStudent Research Awards!
Win up to $500!
Research Tips - LSC-CyFair
Tip #25: What's the Best Way to Cite Sources?
Create the works cited, references, or bibliography list first when citing sources. Then, the in-text or parenthetical citations will be much easier to compile as you are working on the project, because you have all the information available from the detailed source list that you developed first! Ask a librarian for help with citations as you complete your end-of-semester course work!