Research Guides - LSC-CyFair
- APA Citation - In-Text & References Interactive Practice
- APA In-Text & References Color-Coded Help Guide
- APA Style Guide - 6th Edition
- MLA Citation - 8th Edition - Works Cited & In-Text
- MLA Citation - 8th Edition - Works Cited & In-Text Interactive Practice
- MLA Blank Worksheet - 8th Edition - Core Elements
- MLA 7th and 8th Editions - Comparison Chart
- Works Cited Examples MLA 8th Edition - Career Sources
- MLA, APA, and CMOS (Chicago) - includes MLA 8th ed. examples
Format Research Papers
Get Additional Research Help
- Apps & Tools for Student Success
- Dewey Decimal System
- Evaluating Information Checklist
- Go Behind the News - Books & More about Stories in the News
- Note Taking and Research: Why, How, and What?
- Reading Journal Articles from The College at Brockport (SUNY) Department of Sociology
- Scholarly Journals vs. Popular Magazines
- Summarize, Paraphrase, and Quote: When and How?
- What's Right, Wrong, and It Depends - Integrity & Ethics in the Classroom and Workplace Discussion
- Writing in Literature from Purdue University Online Writing Lab-OWL
- Zombies in the Library: How to Evaluate Information Interactive Tutorial
Find Faculty Support
Questions? - Call, Text, Email, or Chat!Call:
First Floor Reference: 281.290.3214
Second Floor Reference: 281.290.3219
Children's Reference: 281.290.3211
Real-Time Chat Online:
Use Subject Search Guides
Research Tips - LSC-CyFair
Tip #35: Do MLA and APA Offer Their Own Free Citation Guides Online?
Both MLA and APA provide further official explanations and examples for citation via their online style guides. Frequently, the online guides are the best place to get specific citation questions answered that aren’t listed in their physical handbooks. Go to the MLA Style Center at https://style.mla.org/ and the APA Style Blog at http://blog.apastyle.org/.
Submit Your Entry for the
Student Research Awards!
Win up to $500!