Research Guides - LSC-CyFair
Where Do I Start Searching? Try Research Coach.
Find Additional Research Help
- Apps & Tools for Student Success
- Dewey Decimal System
- Evaluating Information Checklist
- Go Behind the News - Books & More about Stories in the News
- Note Taking and Research: Why, How, and What? (PDF)
- Scholarly Journals vs. Popular Magazines
- Summarize, Paraphrase, and Quote: When and How? (PDF)
- What's Right, Wrong, and It Depends - Integrity & Ethics in the Classroom and Workplace Discussion
- Writing in Literature from Purdue University Online Writing Lab-OWL
Citing SourcesComparison Chart
- APA Citation - In-Text & References Interactive Practice
- APA In-Text & References Color-Coded Help Guide (PDF)
- APA Style Guide – 6th ed. (PDF)
- MLA Citation - Parenthetical & Works Cited Interactive Practice
- MLA Parenthetical & Works Cited Color-Coded Help Guide (PDF)
- MLA Style Guide – 7th ed. (PDF)
- Advocate Academic Integrity with Your Syllabus and Assignments (PDF)
- Films on Demand - Faculty Guide (PDF)
Get Expert Research Help
Spring 2015 Semester Deadline:
May 10, 2015
Submit Your Entry for theStudent Research Awards!
Win up to $500!
Research Tips - LSC-CyFair
Tip #27: Brainstorm and Organize Research Topics Quickly!
Create an organized collection of words and phrases related to your research topic with free online concept map tools! Use the no-cost mindmup.com or bubbl.us to develop and save/share your diagram to save time and effort on your research project. View examples of concept maps or graphic organizers (from the California International Studies Project) to make unique designs in information organization.