Research Guides - LSC-CyFair
Where Do I Start Searching? Try Research Coach.
Find Additional Research Help
- Apps & Tools for Student Success
- Dewey Decimal System
- Evaluating Information Checklist
- Go Behind the News - Books & More about Stories in the News
- Note Taking and Research: Why, How, and What? (PDF)
- Scholarly Journals vs. Popular Magazines
- Summarize, Paraphrase, and Quote: When and How? (PDF)
- What's Right, Wrong, and It Depends - Integrity & Ethics in the Classroom and Workplace Discussion
- Writing in Literature from Purdue University Online Writing Lab-OWL
Citing SourcesComparison Chart
- APA Citation - In-Text & References Interactive Practice
- APA In-Text & References Color-Coded Help Guide (PDF)
- APA Style Guide – 6th ed. (PDF)
- MLA Citation - Parenthetical & Works Cited Interactive Practice
- MLA Parenthetical & Works Cited Color-Coded Help Guide (PDF)
- MLA Style Guide – 7th ed. (PDF)
- Advocate Academic Integrity with Your Syllabus and Assignments (PDF)
- Films on Demand - Faculty Guide (PDF)
Get Expert Research Help
Spring 2015 Semester Deadline:
May 10, 2015
Submit Your Entry for theStudent Research Awards!
Win up to $500!
Research Tips - LSC-CyFair
Tip #26: Why Are They Famous?
Find amazing facts about individuals listed in your textbooks or supplemental readings by using the library's biography databases (login off campus with your college ID barcode/library card or My LoneStar credentials)! Get to know the whole story behind their fame to make more connections with what you know from class!