Research Guides - LSC-CyFair
- APA Citation - In-Text & References Interactive Practice
- APA In-Text & References Color-Coded Help Guide
- APA Style Guide - 6th Edition
- MLA Citation - 8th Edition - Works Cited & In-Text
- MLA Citation Help Guide
- MLA Citation - 8th Edition - Works Cited & In-Text Interactive Practice
- MLA Blank Worksheet - 8th Edition - Core Elements
- MLA 7th and 8th Editions - Comparison Chart
- Works Cited Examples MLA 8th Edition - Career Sources
Chicago (CMOS) - 17th Edition
Notes and Bibliography Style
- Notes and Bibliography Handout - New!
- Notes and Bibliography: Sample Citations (from The Chicago Manual of Style - University of Chicago)
- Notes and Bibliography: Sample Paper (from Purdue University Online Writing Lab (OWL))
- Author-Date: Sample Citations (from The Chicago Manual of Style - University of Chicago)
- Author-Date: Sample Paper (from Purdue University Online Writing Lab (OWL))
Turabian (Chicago) - 9th Edition
(from A Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations - University of Chicago Press - 9th ed.)
- Notes and Bibliography: Sample Citations
- Author-Date: Sample Citations
- Student Paper-Writing Tip Sheets
- KnightCite Citation Service from Calvin College
Format Research Papers
Get Additional Research Help
- Apps & Tools for Student Success
- Avoiding Plagiarism FAQ
- Dewey Decimal System
- Effectively Using Direct Quotations from the University of Richmond Writing Center
- Evaluating Information Checklist
- Go Behind the News - Books & More about Stories in the News
- Note Taking and Research: Why, How, and What?
- Reading Journal Articles from The College at Brockport (SUNY) Department of Sociology
- Scholarly Journals vs. Popular Magazines
- Summarize, Paraphrase, and Quote: When and How?
- What's Right, Wrong, and It Depends - Integrity & Ethics in the Classroom and Workplace
- Writing in Literature from Purdue University Online Writing Lab-OWL
- Zombies in the Library: How to Evaluate Information Interactive Tutorial
Find Faculty Support
Questions? - Call, Text, Email, or Chat!Call:
First Floor Reference: 281.290.3214
Second Floor Reference: 281.290.3219
Children's Reference: 281.290.3211
9191 Barker Cypress Road Cypress, TX 77433
Real-Time Chat Online:
Use Subject Search Guides
Research Tips - LSC-CyFair
Tip #38: Use the Power of the "OR" Search!
Recently, a group of LSC-CyFair students were comparing two countries on one of several topics for a research project. They could have searched for each country and the topic (e.g., education) separately. Instead, they saved time by using the OR search in the library databases and Google to get results that included at least one of the countries and their topic. Please note the different ways to enter a search in each tool that provide the best results.
Submit Your Entry for the
Student Research Awards!
Win up to $500!